TABLETS Which One to buy, and why! Find your reason here

• Thread starter Thread starter rajm11
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 74
  • Views Views 8,551
yes, it is expensive compared to these low cost tablets that are launching fairly regularly these days.

Can anyone please suggest one these low cost tablets which is reliable .. its diwali time and need to buy a couple for gifting .. price range 8-10 k

SPICE MI-TAB, Or Idea pad for 10K, I wont suggest HCL's Tab... , You increase your budget mere 5k and you might find wonders, also look at the first post in this thread and check the one you want...

okay .. was seriously considering the HCL tablet .. reason being more brand value than Spice .. or other .. since it is for gifting .. why wouldnt you recommend HCL .. ?

hmmm actually ME semms really good, except that it dosent have out of the box 3g Support, Go for it My bad, HCL ME is good for gifting....

My top wish about mobile was Larger screen which complete by tab phone very effectively. Watching VDOs, using internet, TV, document, etc.

Overall, I agree with @operamaniac. If you are going to buy a tablet, and you are thinking about cost, atleast go for a mid-range tablet with decent specs and battery life. @Max 24 you are saying you want to buy the cheap tablet as a replacement for your phone, do you think that is such a good idea? Atleast I wouldn't recommend it as a eeplacement for your phone. The device only has 3-4 hours of battery life and that is the advertised number (which was obviously achieved under test conditions). That was probably arrived at using only a Wifi connection. Use it on a cellular data connection and the battery life will go down further.. You want to use 3G data? Reduce that number further. Even if we look at the bright side and say we use it with a 3G data service and we get around 3hrs of battery life... What does that mean? You step out of the house & go to watch a movie and your phone/tablet will be dead before the movie is over. You will be hunting for a power point every couple of hours. Not a very good idea in my opinion. Don't buy a device based on just a demo from the company/dealer. Look at user reviews from people wwho have actually used it. Try to use a device that someone you know owns and has used. Remember the company/dealer is going to give you a demo on a device with the stock configuration with hardly any media/apps installed. It will wary greatly from what the experience will be once you have reconfigured a device to your liking and you've installed several apps and what not on it.You also mentioned that watching TV/video on the device was important to you. The processor on the Aakash tablet isn't very powerful.. So no HD videos. I am not sure how the processor will handle TV viewing as it will have to stream the content and it doesn't have too much RAM either.

yah garfield thats correct, however my use going to be primarily productive, for emails, net surfing(data, data, data), I am still fondly waiting on samsung 7.7 suppoose to come in 8 day from today now ...btw garfield do you use tab if yes which one ? why and how ? what are your opnions ?

yah garfield thats correct, however my use going to be primarily productive,
for emails, net surfing(data, data, data), I am still fondly waiting on samsung 7.7 suppoose to come in 8 day from today now ...
btw garfield do you use tab if yes which one ? why and how ? what are your opnions ?

I use an iPad.. also have a 7" Galaxy Tab in the house (which my brother uses. In my opinion, a tablet is great as a regular media interface for accessing the web, playing movies/media, etc. It is not a replacement for your laptop/desktop or for that matter even your phone. Today's devices, smart phones/tablets, allow us to do the things that we normally used our desktops/laptops for - browsing the web & playing media. They are more portable than a laptop/netbook & don't really require any place to put them down to type on or navigate. When I got my first iPhone a couple of years ago, the number of times I used my laptop to access the web went down to just a couple of times a week.. After I got the iPad that number has gone down to a couple
of times in a month. I can use it anywhere, play my media content from anywhere (I have an external HDD with all my media setup over my home network). I would prefer to invest in a tablet with a good configuration which would support atleast a couple of OS upgrades and I can use atleast for 12-18 months.

Portability wise, I think a 7" inch tablet makes more sense - easier to carry, fit anywhere. If it also has 3G then you can use it as your alternate phone line. But I prefer to have one phone and a wifi only tablet which works off my phone's data connection. Less bills to manage.. but that's just my preference.

bravo my thoguhts same for portability, however you gave me good idead for streaming, how have you setup over the air streaming in home ?

----------

I too have a1+TB data in home with external and interrnal hdd and Iwould really liek to use that data over the area of my home, its just pain to walk into laptop room always ..

Back