Tata Docomo - Internet acting weird since last 2 weeks.

• Thread starter Thread starter lockhrt999
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,683
Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
Tata ka Batata
Hi,
It's been a month I'm on a new tata docomo connection. I'm using their 2mbps 40 gb plan 999/month plan.
Since last two weeks net has been acting weird. Many websites like google, broadbandforum.co, microsoft etc refuse to open at first time. Most open only after I press refresh. I'm not facing any speed issue. When websites actually start opening they don't take long to actually open. So in short if I enter google.com in my chrome, it shows resolving host for 30 seconds and then it times out. After re-entering google.com it stays on resolving host for say 10 seconds and on 11th second it has whole website loaded. If I enter google.com third time it works like nothing happened. Same case with many websites. The pattern is random and can't be isolated to a few websites. All websites hosted domestically and abroad suffer from this.
At first I thought the issue was with tata's DNS servers but now I'm using google's open DNS servers and situation hasn't changed. If you think it's happening because net is getting disconnected intermittently, it's not the case as I've an american radio playing through a proxy and it doesn't suffer at all.
What could be the problem folks? there's some pocket loss but I don't think the issue is related to that alone.

https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3566161073
http://www.pingtest.net
Ping test isn't working on 90% of servers. It simply just can't connect them.

Here are some tracert>
C:Windowssystem32>tracert google.comTracing route to google.com [74.125.236.103]over a maximum of 30 hops: 1

The radio could be buffered and hence you might not see any issues on it. Check to see if you have an ip assigned when you are having this problem. It might be disconnecting and getting a new ip (just speculating). Or they might be having issues with their gateway router...

If the issue isn't with tata itself then it's with my wifi router. Tata engineer came, but once my laptop is connected directly to tata's router I couldn't reproduce the issue. Right now I'm using net through wifi router again and for time being not facing that issue. I have set MTU to 1492.
I'll update once the issue start appearing again.

Alright it's confirmed the issue is with TP-Link router itself as the issue doesn't appear when I'm directly connected to tata adsl router.
Even though I've resetted the original firmware many times and now moving to dd-wrt still haven't resolved the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back