Tata Sky DTH now replacing MPEG2 STBs with MPEG4 STBs for free!

• Thread starter Thread starter gopichandpai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 62,864
Seeing the quality of the new box- I am wondering whether I made a mistake. This is a no-name chinese dabba.
The earlier one was a Thomson make and lasted quite a few years.

My old box that lasted for over 6+ years was manufactured by Thomson. Looks like Humax did not win the contract for standard STB's like last time.

Technicolor (Formerly Thomson) makes some great quality set-top-boxes. I am a Tata Sky customer since Feb, 2007. Never had any issues with Thomson stb. If I remember correctly old one was Made in India, this one is made in Vietnam.

I have opted for the HD box with 1 month HD access for 990. They said they would be doing it today by 3 PM. Well, they haven't even called yet. Are you guys getting it done at the promised time or with delays ? And if I upgrade from SD to HD, I get a new remote. That is what the CC said. But then I have given up on anything that the CC says these days.

Remote replacement for SD to HD upgrade depends on region. As I posted earlier, I have 2 SD connections & upgraded both with HD.
In Coimbatore they replaced STB + Remote & in Bangalore, its STB only, but the cost is same for both (990). I called CC & they confirmed that for Bangalore, its STB only.

What happed to ZEE Tamil and Discovery Tamil Channels that was suppposed to be added on 15th Aug? My local dealer who replaced my STB told this onformation and if I'm not wrong sombody in this forum also said the same i guess.

What happed to ZEE Tamil and Discovery Tamil Channels that was suppposed to be added on 15th Aug? My local dealer who replaced my STB told this onformation and if I'm not wrong sombody in this forum also said the same i guess.
Exactly. Even I was wondering the same.Ajuravi I think mentioned that zee tamil would be added in Tata Sky.

Well at this point of time TS is concentrating on migrating Tamil Channels to MPEG 4.....i believe they have migrated 10 - 12 Tamil channels to MPEG 4....and also i believe they have migrated all the malayalam channels...i heard that TS is testing a malayalam channel...my source said that on or before 30th september TS will add atleast 10 Malayalam channels and also 3 - 4 Tamil channels...

Back