Tata Sky DTH now replacing MPEG2 STBs with MPEG4 STBs for free!

• Thread starter Thread starter gopichandpai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 62,864
ajuravi007 said:
Today 2 Telegu Channels - Sakshi TV and TV 5 will be migrated to MPEG 4....
May I ask you to spell "Telugu" correctly?

wef 9th August 2013 - 2 Tamil Channels...Polimer and Puthiya Thalamurai will be available only in MPEG 4...

Its time to upgrade to HD.
During this free STB replacement offer by TS, you can also opt for HD STB by paying additional charge, instead of SD STB.
I believe it costs more if you go for voluntary upgrade from SD to HD.
I have 2 TS connections, one is Bangalore & another in Coimbatore, both are old SD STB's.
I upgraded both STB's to HD by paying Rs.990 extra. The existing Dish will work with HD.
In Coimbatore, they have replaced both STB & Remote, but in Bangalore only STB was replaced. I checked with CC & they confirmed that only STB will be replaced for Bangalore region.

Additional Info...
As per [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Tata Sky HD upgrade program, up[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Droid Sans', helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]grading from SD to HD costs Rs.1800.[/color]
http://www.tatasky.com/campaigns/amazing-hd/index.html
So 50% savings, if you upgrade your old SD (under free SD STB replacement offer) to HD now.

After software update, its ugly, its slow. :( When u install lot of softwares and fill , the computer gets slow and struggles na. Same way Tata Sky is behaving now.

How is this replacement actually going to take place? Do they contact customers directly or do we have to take the initiative?

If you are eligible for replacement, you will get an SMS to your TS registered mobile number.
Then you just need to reply as instructed in that SMS or call TS helpdesk.

sarkar007 said:
How is this replacement actually going to take place? Do they contact customers directly or do we have to take the initiative?
They will send an sms to customers, who will have the channels in their package getting moved to MPEG-4 and having MPEG-2 STB, you have to reply yes to avail free exchange of STB

Back