Tata Sky DTH now replacing MPEG2 STBs with MPEG4 STBs for free!

• Thread starter Thread starter gopichandpai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 166
  • Views Views 62,864
kattuviriyan said:
You want them to change the adapter and remote for free. Very high hope :) :playful: :nono:Coming to the point:They just replaced my STB for free. No other components were replaced.
Just wanna confirm about the details of what had been changed :-P btw after the change of the MPEG4 box the signal reception is good and the signal quality is too good, I get 100% signal quality all the time :O o_O :-@ before that I used to get 0% signal quality :-/

I don't like the new update. Banner color is ugly, and the channel changing is slow. I liked the old banner color which was simple and fast. :(

From today another Tamil Channel Murasu has been moved to MPEG 4 ...Since Ts has not moved 2 channels to MPEG 4....now they have space to add 1 channel in MPEG 4....

Is the replacement occuring for Karnataka?
I have been in Mumbai for the past couple of months and my Tata Sky connection is currently deactivated.
Will have to recharge it again I guess before they can replace.
FYI I have been a customer since Oct 2006.

No worries then. I am subscribed to Marathi Pack and Kannada Pack (2 free regional ones)
The desire was to learn Kannada but then again I seem to be spending more time in Mumbai :)
Maybe the replacements will happen in Karnataka by the end of the year.

I've opted for Malayalam as my 2nd regional package, the first one being Kannada. They were supposed to move Malayalam channels to MPEG4 on 31st,July. But I can still see them in my MPEG2 box.

Back