• Thread starter Thread starter nazeer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 3,573

nazeer

Regular
ISP
lan
Please put your views how this TWO STB works. (Rs.300+Rs100pm)

Is there any special LNB?
OR two different cables coming inside the house?
are the two STBs similar two each other like taking two different connections?
After Installation can we move one STB to different location?

two different cables

hi nazeer,firstly let me inform u that i am enjoying the multiple room connection form TS since april 2007.how it works?first a single cable comes from the dish to ur flat/ house continuing to the house junction box ( if so constructed by the building).here the TS guys install a splitter.( here u have to mention the no. rooms u want connection to, the will accordingly install splitter). from here the separate cables go to the respective STBs.once installed the 2 STBs work independently. u can enjoy seperate channels simultaneously. whereas moving from one room to another in concerned, i advise u better call those TS guys as the connectors at the ends of the cable are not commonly avaible in the market & u need them if the cable is to be added or shortened. enjoy ur experince with TS .cheers.

Blackbird, lovely...thanks for your indetailed reply. this will help most of our guys and go for multiple stb options. if they are afford to.

@ patricwell each STB has a unique code & when the STB is installed the TS guys are on the phone with the call centre punching in ur SIM card for the STB. so each combination is unique when i call up the TS callcentre & indentify myself with the customer number , in case of multiple STBs, they have no idea which STBs i am talking about , it is only when i give them the box number ( found in account info screen on TS) that they know whether the STB is primary or secondary.also when i identify which box i am on & when i change a channel, it become known to them , which channel i am on, accordingly they perform some software changes on their comps, & instantly my quality problems here are solved in real time. this tells me that they have a software which tracks our STBs in real time or in near real time.so under these given conditions, i dont have knowledge of any tweak or hack that can be done; unless of course u know sumone in the TS operations department who could perhaps do u a favour.....He he.

Thanks Blackbird...
if Tweakers and Hackers have found a way into Microsoft and other well known softwares/hardwares: I'm sure there are guys who know it...
come on guys share it with us

Back