Tata Sky DTH Service Charges are unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishantgandhi

ISP
Airtel
So I recently shifted my house within Mumbai. I did not know that the new place already had a Tata Sky connection. The previous owner had to leave the cabling and mini-dish (which is Tata Sky's rule for relocation). I moved in with my STB (including the digicard), plugged it in and it is working as it is supposed to! So I canceled my request for relocation and instead, just filed a request to change my address. Now today, I get a call from Tata Sky B'lore landline number saying that I will be charged Rs 350. As per some stupid policy of theirs, address change qualifies as relocation, irrespective of whether a Tata Sky exists at the new address of not. The minimum they charge for relocation or change of address is Rs 350 so by some un-explained rule, I am supposed to pay that. The as-usual-rude-and-blocked-mind tele-executive could not understand my case and insisted on sending an engineer at my new house to 'test if everything is working fine'. She also 'threatened' that if I refuse to pay Rs 350 for change of address, I will be blocked from all future technical support. What is my remedy in this case?

Cancel your change of address request. What ever you are going to do you can do it online. Only problem is when you ask for the service visit. this is tata and only by charging like this they were able to spend millions in advertising.

Cancel your change of address request. What ever you are going to do you can do it online. Only problem is when you ask for the service visit. this is tata and only by charging like this they were able to spend millions in advertising.
Yes, thats why it was necessary to change my address. Infact, the signal quality was not great at the new address, so I have to schedule a technician visit now.

I think they got cheesed off and wanted to charge me Rs 350 under any pretext.

The as-usual-rude-and-blocked-mind tele-executive could not understand my case and insisted on sending an engineer at my new house to 'test if everything is working fine'. She also 'threatened' that if I refuse to pay Rs 350 for change of address, I will be blocked from all future technical support.

So the CC is not good in TS. Oh god.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Now today, I get a call from Tata Sky B'lore landline number saying that I will be charged Rs 350. As per some stupid policy of theirs, address change qualifies as relocation, irrespective of whether a Tata Sky exists at the new address of not.

Do they need Rs.350/- just to modify your address in their database? Its just a 2 minutes job.
Very Bad service by TS and they claim in their ads. that they provide excellent support.

Yes, thats why it was necessary to change my address. Infact, the signal quality was not great at the new address, so I have to schedule a technician visit now.

I think they got cheesed off and wanted to charge me Rs 350 under any pretext.

actually adjusting the dish is a childs play. we just need to know what we are doing. rs.350 for a visit is too much and a address change costs rs.350 is bad.

---------- Post added at 05:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

So the CC is not good in TS. Oh god.
Very Bad service by TS and they claim in their ads. that they provide excellent support.
not many only few members from there saying so.

Do they need Rs.350/- just to modify your address in their database? Its just a 2 minutes job.

Who will give conveyance to the Technicians. Who will give remuneration to them. But yeah, I agree Rs.350 is quite Expensive... Rs.150 to Rs.200 would have been good.

Who will give conveyance to the Technicians. Who will give remuneration to them. But yeah, I agree Rs.350 is quite Expensive... Rs.150 to Rs.200 would have been good.
don't we pay subscribition?didn't we pay a huge amount as installation to them for their own equpiments(dish etc.,)? then why we need to pay them to shift their equipements?remember dish etc.,. don't belong to us but we paid for its installation :@

In the previous 10 years (before I opted for TS), I shifted house three times and I had to pay the cable guy 1200, 800, and 600 for getting the cable connection. Average call charges for any service - airconditioner, fridge, computer, water purifier - is Rs. 300 in most places.

In the previous 10 years (before I opted for TS), I shifted house three times and I had to pay the cable guy 1200, 800, and 600 for getting the cable connection. Average call charges for any service - airconditioner, fridge, computer, water purifier - is Rs. 300 in most places.

cable is different from DTH,dont compare it,they can even ask you to pay 5000rs to get cable connection as it is monopoly restricted to that area.
DTH is different.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

:hysterical: looks like you are more worried that the TS owners.

for your infomation. those techicians are paid salary and given petrol allowances also.so why you are making them more corrupt?

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

So I recently shifted my house within Mumbai. I did not know that the new place already had a Tata Sky connection. The previous owner had to leave the cabling and mini-dish (which is Tata Sky's rule for relocation).

I moved in with my STB (including the digicard), plugged it in and it is working as it is supposed to!

So I canceled my request for relocation and instead, just filed a request to change my address.

Now today, I get a call from Tata Sky B'lore landline number saying that I will be charged Rs 350. As per some stupid policy of theirs, address change qualifies as relocation, irrespective of whether a Tata Sky exists at the new address of not.

The minimum they charge for relocation or change of address is Rs 350 so by some un-explained rule, I am supposed to pay that.

The as-usual-rude-and-blocked-mind tele-executive could not understand my case and insisted on sending an engineer at my new house to 'test if everything is working fine'. She also 'threatened' that if I refuse to pay Rs 350 for change of address, I will be blocked from all future technical support.

What is my remedy in this case?

after saying those lines i hope you are not banned here like others who criticised Tatasky.

I too wanted to mention the same thing, but then thought its of no use posting here, as you can see the replies you got :whistle:

About the topic of thread, yes Rs 350 is bit higher, but if we any how have to pay it, then better call the Tata Sky technician and make them adjust the connection till best signal is received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back