Tata Sky DTH Service Charges are unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.
TS technicians never ask for money when they visit. After Installation i gave him Rs.100 to that Technicians, but he refuse to get that amount, i force him, but still he did not get that amount. :thumb:

get that amount? u mean take that amount?

Some of the customer care executives are dumb in Tata Sky.I once had complained for unavailabity of a music channel.Even though i insisted its a problem with their back end they send me a service engineer.i had to phone n block him off.:wall:

Ts atleast charges and sends Technician, DIsh TV will not support you that much. you will have to find a Dish TV dealer near you and pay him to do stuffs, which ofcourse will not have any Quality and if any damage caused Dish TV doesnot have any liability to you to replace. where in TS has full Liability to what ever its Technician Does. Call TS cc and complain if any Techy does any wrong , definetely action would be taken against himMore over this 350 goes straight to TS deducted from you account balance and hence not a Tip to TS Techy. i am not supporting TS Policy to collect Money. IF an user can fix the Dish on its own then It should be allowed. The best way is to cancel the Tech VIsit to save 350 as you already done with the Installation urself. Even this happens in Broadband connections if you change Residence , they charge installtion cost of Broadband at the New Residence. But Broadband is what you cannot do by yourself so the charges become unavoidable. The Reason why they charge you is if the set top box is in warranty and if you do the Install by yourself without TS technician the Warranty becomes VOid. to avoid such things they may charge to continue the warranty, but where as if you are out of warranty period you can do without them.

amish said:
Question here is why charge for mere change in address entry in database?? Tomorrow they will charge for change in phone number, email address, will we accept that?

The change of address to TS involves the change in its Hardware liek DIsh, settopbox and hence the charge. FOr change in your personal phone number or email has nothing to do with TS to charge them.

the best thing is to write an Email explaining things that you fixed the DIsh and doesnot require any Tech visit (if ur set top box is out of warranty )and just the Address needs a change , they would not charge .but if ur Dish is in waranty then they would do a charge , in that case donot change the address. leave it the same but once if any fault happens with the Hardware and you need a replace while in warranty period then it will be an issue. bcos your records will have old adress and they wont do the replace since you have done the instal by yourself making the warranty void. jus think if you wanna save warranty or 350 and decide
FYI .. I did the change of home recently and fixed the DIsh myself(i was out of warranty) and just requested a change of address and it was done. they said they can send a techy but i denied that and said the COnnection is done and jus the address needs a change and it was done with no charges. You have to Write a written letter to TS Corporate office stating you installed the DIsh on your own at your new premises and hence need to update the address alone . it all depends on how you speak, handle in a friendly way .

The change of address to TS involves the change in its Hardware liek DIsh, settopbox and hence the charge. FOr change in your personal phone number or email has nothing to do with TS to charge them.

You mean the customer address is HardCoded to the Dish and SetTopBox.
If yes, where in the dish is it in the LNB?

Hard to imagine.

All the three parameters - STB id, digicard id and the the physical address of the installation have to be linked and verified to identify and control misuse and piracy. Visit of the TS technician is necessary to verify prior to updation of master records. It is less to do with technology or customer's competence.Earlier, BSNL (or its old avatar post office) did not allow any handset to be connected to the network till it was checked and approved by the post office testing authority.Installation and relocation must be viewed in the larger perspective of validating the user and the equipment for the location.

So the CC is not good in TS. Oh god.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

Do they need Rs.350/- just to modify your address in their database? Its just a 2 minutes job.
Very Bad service by TS and they claim in their ads. that they provide excellent support.

Question here is why charge for mere change in address entry in database?? Tomorrow they will charge for change in phone number, email address, will we accept that?

Thing is if user can migrate and install on own, he shud not be charged. Charges shud only be if technician visits the place. Visit shud NOT be made compulsory (just like TS is asking in this case) just to get money.
Exactly my point. TS policy is to charge Rs 600 for relocation if dish, LNB and cabling is not present at the new location. But charging Rs 350 for something that I can do on my own is totally unfair!

As Amish said, visit should not be compulsory. And upon transfer of address, I think Rs 100 is fair to be charged for one time service visit to verfiy the address and do any kind of adjustments.

What tech_enthu said makes a lot of sense. :thumb: You may able to do something and so do I , but physical verification by TS chap seems like a good idea. As tech_enthu said "Installation and relocation must be viewed in the larger perspective of validating the user and the equipment for the location."Keep posting just sensible stuff, we need this on the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back