Tata Sky DTH Service Charges are unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.
great. what is Tata Sky? a spy agency? Why shud it care? What is the need of verification? If there is something which can be misused then that person is never going to tell TS abt change of address.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

If I move residence then I move along with STB and digicard, so thats going to remain same. And what is relation of STB and digicard with my place of residence?

Piracy can not be stopped this way. It is just way to get money.

great. what is Tata Sky? a spy agency? Why shud it care? What is the need of verification? If there is something which can be misused then that person is never going to tell TS abt change of address.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

If I move residence then I move along with STB and digicard, so thats going to remain same. And what is relation of STB and digicard with my place of residence?

Piracy can not be stopped this way. It is just way to get money.
==
well if u are talking in your own perception then no one can stop you.
i clearly said in my post in last page that it is for the warranty they do the charge and if you are out of warranty you can do it urself and send a written letter to TS to do the address change and i did the same way. still you want to tell some arguments is not going to help any one.

and regarding the Piracy Policy also it needs TS to confirm the hardware is being operated at the said address. It is as simple as you have to Reregister a car or a bike that is bought in one state and being used in another state. There are some Legal obligations each company has to follow and answer the Govt by which as per Trai The Registered address should be where the installation should be made.

one example i would tell you i had with hutch , i had prepaid earlier and they wanted me to update my address in their address .. but they did barred my outgoing and incoming for a week until i gave my address proof and finally they said it is Govt rule . in a Mobile where comes the mandatory address clause ?? but due to security and Terror clauses they made it mandatory. atleast TS is allowing you to get the services even if you do the relocation.

Legal obligation is reqd when there is a threat either to individual or nation. So car you can understand, if person causes accident, u need to find him, so address verification is needed. Mobile can be used by terrorists.

But what threat can a STB or DISH cause? It is a receiving equipment not transmitting one.

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Plus mobile can be tracked but there is no way DTH dish or STB can be tracked

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

Oh and yes, abt arguments, counter this one.

I created bank account, they never came to physically verify my residence
I got mobile, they never came to verify physically
I got car, they never came to verify physically.

So why does TS want to send a person and charge me 350?

Legal obligation is reqd when there is a threat either to individual or nation. So car you can understand, if person causes accident, u need to find him, so address verification is needed. Mobile can be used by terrorists.

But what threat can a STB or DISH cause? It is a receiving equipment not transmitting one.

You seem to argue with the intention not to update ur address with TS.
I clearly said if u are out of warranty do the install by yourself and write a letter To TS to update records which i did the same . then what else u need ?
there are 3 things here
1. its mandatory to provide the service at the Registered address.
2. If u are in warranty and need to continue warranty the TS Techy would do the install with charges.
3. if u are not in warranty do what ever you want and wirte a letter to change ur address without charges.

can you operate a Landline phone connection taken at one address at another location ? answer this before arguing further.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

counter reply
1. for opening a bank account you give address proof like landline bill , ration card, that is a verification. with out that they wont open account.
2. FOr buying a mobile you dont give a proof,but they give u a bill with ur address for warranty purpose and the relation bet u and the show room is not much and hence no need any further verification.

3. for car also the same applies as mobile , if u need u wil take the car for repair the car doesnot sit idle at your home. its not mandatory for the car service man to come to ur address alone. even if u are at trouble on an high way u can call a service man and they will come where ever u want.

TS doesnot send a person if u did the install . again and again am telling, u can write a letter to update records which i did the same.

First to vote in the election u need Voter ID or any supported id proof , ask the government why u need them to verify as u live in this very own country from birth and have all documents with you and still why you need them to verify with an identification proof ??

I am not saying that I wud not want to change address. Even telephone address change I have done by one simple phone call to 1500.(it was charged 100Rs but tech person came and did all the stuff and DB was updated as well)

I am saying, if I can do installation myself, why force a person to come to my place and charge me 350?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Btw I am talking based on FIRST POST of this thread, have u read that? Or u are making assumptions abt my perception, anyway here is first post, read if u want. And then read my posts in this thread:

[post]298537[/post]

=======

I never said TS want to force u to pay 350. u not reading what am telling. go read the 3 points which i said.

there are 3 things here
1. its mandatory to provide the service at the Registered address.
2. If u are in warranty and need to continue warranty the TS Techy would do the install with charges.
3. if u are not in warranty do what ever you want and wirte a letter to change ur address without charges.

You still havent read first post, have u? Please, read what that guy has to say.

I am not saying that I wud not want to change address. Even telephone address change I have done by one simple phone call to 1500.(it was charged 100Rs but tech person came and did all the stuff and DB was updated as well)

I am saying, if I can do installation myself, why force a person to come to my place and charge me 350?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

Btw I am talking based on FIRST POST of this thread, have u read that? Or u are making assumptions abt my perception, anyway here is first post, read if u want. And then read my posts in this thread:

[post]298537[/post]

i had read ur post from the start and that is why i stepped in to tell that i did the same install myself and didnot pay and wrote a letter to TS to update address and it was done. it all depends how we handle things.

Not my post, read OPs post.

yes i had read the post fully for all the 4 pages.

i think the person who is affected by this would understand better than you.
i would be happy if he understands and get his issue rectified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back