Tata Sky DTH Service Charges are unfair

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am NOT asking why residence proof is needed. i am asking why technician visit is compulsory?

did u ever read my 3 points which i posted many times ?

there are 3 things here
1. its mandatory to provide the service at the Registered address.
2. If u are in warranty and need to continue warranty the TS Techy would do the install with charges.
3. if u are not in warranty do what ever you want and wirte a letter to change ur address without charges

This clearly tells tech visit is not compulsory and u can do it urself and send a letter to TS with No charges

Did you read first post?

So I canceled my request for relocation and instead, just filed a request to change my address.

Now today, I get a call from Tata Sky B'lore landline number saying that I will be charged Rs 350. As per some stupid policy of theirs, address change qualifies as relocation, irrespective of whether a Tata Sky exists at the new address of not.

The minimum they charge for relocation or change of address is Rs 350 so by some un-explained rule, I am supposed to pay that.

... and insisted on sending an engineer at my new house to 'test if everything is working fine'. She also 'threatened' .....

Whatever you claim, that guy claims opposite.

Did you read first post?

Whatever you claim, that guy claims opposite.

Good that u read atleast now.
I read all the posts and replied to that guy abt my experience too, it all depends on how we handle things positively. thats y in my first reply itself i suggested that guy to handle in a friendly way and it will get done.

My friend took my STB and installed the same in his house. There was existing dish and cabling. We did not ask for an address change. Tata Sky did not charge anything. The connection however continues to run in my name.

since its wireless of course it would work just fine. similar to mobile phones. you can use a mobile phone in some other name and address. no one would bother you unless you need to get something done from the company side.

Tata Sky reduces relocation changes to 350/- for all customers!Just got the prompt on my STB.Wonderful timing.. I will be shifting in two weeks! Will get the name change done alongside!

i am NOT asking why residence proof is needed. i am asking why technician visit is compulsory?

May be for assets or services which are physically 'bound' to the location - e.g. land tel line, DTH etc. For other services which are not - cell phone, credit card, bank account, car registration etc. - address verification may be skipped. But law insists on 'physical verification'. It is left to the company to take this issue seriously or bypass it. Some may remember that in the first of introduction of Reliance mobile, many subscribers defaulted and vanished with the equipment, and reliance extracted the arrears from dealers who sold the phone as they were responsible for verifying the address.

Oh comeon, I already said STBs cant be used for transmitting purpose. There is no threat to individual or nation. If government is asking for PHYSICAL VERIFICATION for STB then it shud also ask for physical verification of residence when person buys MOBILE (not just mobile service) because mobile can be used for passing information to anywhere in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back