Tata Sky has increased DTH package prices again

nope card and box are linked, better take the box to other house.

But STB can be hooked on to other house.

Thats right. First need to activate 2 STBs at 1 address. Then need to take 1 STB+card to another address. Connect STB to dish which should be aligned to receive respective service signal from Satellite (example align to receive Tata Sky satellite signal). BUT this alignment could not be done by TataSky technician (or he will not do it officially). Once dish is aligned and connected to receive signal, then STB at another address should be working.

Local cable or DTH guys can do the alignment for ₹150-200 or you could do it yourself if you got the patients/skill/luck [emoji12]

how much does one save by using a child connection? rs. 150 instead of rs. 450?

If separate connection costs ~500, and Child connection costs ~200, then its 300 saved per month, or 3600 per year.

This increase is not exclusive to Tata Sky. the first culprit was videocon and after that nearly all operators have hiked the prices. packages prices now going insane.
I am on Base+ HD globe (not available now, i subscribed it long ago) costing 253+169= 422/-. some time ago Platinum HD was costing only 480/-.
Also videocon has separated Delhi & north India and charging delhi subscriber more in comparison to North Indians.

I wish there is portability in this sector also OR they could anounce the hike 1 week before.

I can very much assure you that Tata Sky was the very first operator to increase prices despite having much lesser channels on their service. Videocon has always been the better from price to channels standpoint.
I know this very well because I switched from Tatasky to Videocon only because of their price point.
But Videocon's product quality and customer service is pathetic, so switched back to Tatasky

Back