Tata Sky HD DTH Offer (Its launched all over)

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 7,873

Jignesh

Regulars
ISP
Beam Fiber
Gud news as TS HD has been launched all over as per the website.

Offer for New Tata Sky subscribers:

New Tata Sky subscribers can purchase a Tata Sky HD digicomp by paying the full price of Rs 2599. When purchased during the Offer Period in addition to existing benefits on the Installation free offer, New Tata Sky subscribers shall also be entitled to the following:

Rest of India :

Super Value English Special + 2 months free Lifestyle Gold + ESPN & Star Sports + HD Gold.

Tamil Nadu, Kerala & Pondicherry

South Value Pack + 2 months free ESPN & Star Sports + HD Gold.

Karnataka

South Value + 2 months free + ESPN & Star Sports + Zee Kannada + HD Gold

Andhra Pradesh

South Value + 2 months free + ESPN & Star Sports + Zee Telugu + HD Gold

Offer for Existing subscribers:

Existing Tata Sky subscribers can purchase a Tata Sky HD digicomp by paying the full price of Rs 2,599. When purchased during the offer period they will also be entitled to 1 year free subscription to the HD Gold package.

More info here:

Tata sky HD offer

thats awesome ! :)

Haha. Existing customers get the boot again from Tata Sky. 360 worth savings for existing customers, and much more (540 + free installation) for new customers.

TS+ stb has no hdmi connector; but if TS offers hd reception with the same box, then component output has to be used for video. It has optical out connector for audio.Sky UK offers 160 GB box for 60 hour recording and 1 TB box for 200 hour recording. With the same compression, HD programmes use 5 times more storage under similar compression.Big TV offers 200 hours of recording with 160GB; but there is reference to HD recording hours.

TS+ stb has no hdmi connector; but if TS offers hd reception with the same box, then component output has to be used for video. It has optical out connector for audio.

Sky UK offers 160 GB box for 60 hour recording and 1 TB box for 200 hour recording. With the same compression, HD programmes use 5 times more storage under similar compression.

Big TV offers 200 hours of recording with 160GB; but there is reference to HD recording hours.

Can we attach external harddisk?

They are actually duping existing customers, I posted my experience in another thread. If you are existing customer, the HD STB will be a add on connection and not a replacement with your SD STB. So effectively you would be paying Rs150 extra/mth for this addon connection. They presently dont have a system where in you are able to drop your existing SD STB for a new HD model even if you pay the full 2599 charge.

In That case you dont recharge your first connection and sell that to anyone who is willing to buy. HD STB you can apply as a fresh new connection.

In That case you dont recharge your first connection and sell that to anyone who is willing to buy. HD STB you can apply as a fresh new connection.

And then how would they give 1 Yr free HD gold pack as it will be a new account ?

Further, its not easy, I got 3 connections (2 active, 1 dormant) with a balance of 2k in my account and 1yr annual saver pack, I ordered to deactive both my active connection and replace them with the HD ones. At time of taking order, they were okay and did not mention anything. When the guy comes for installation, and after installation when he called for activation he found out that I can only have 4 connections, so the 2nd HD box could not be activated. This is when I got to know that they were going to add the HD boxes as addon.

So eventually, to get the HDs in new account would meant loosing on my remaining annual saver pack and the balance that I've in the account.

Back