Tata Sky HD DTH launched for Rs. 2599 only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 26,902
tell me what is diffrent between Tata Sky+ and tatasky HD stb...... plz tell me tatasky hd have recording or tatasky + run hd channel

Viru, in TS+, you can record, but in TS HD, u cannot record. Heard that TS+ STB can receive HD channels. But someone needs to confirm that.

thanx 9099 for info

Tata Sky HD launched officially . Rs 2599 , 4 HD channels Star plus & Movies in HD

Only 2 HD Channels....Star Plus and Movies HD still long way before transmission starts......Not yet cleared to Broadcast.....Star Plus HD will be just a upscaled channel like Colors HD and will not be true HD as the programs need to be recorded in HD too, which they are not currently.

So there could be a possibility to watch FIFA in HD

No ..As even the tie up of Dish TV to Launch there True HD along with ESPN Broadcast of FIFA in HD suffered a setback because of clearances and courts not favoring the broadcasters...So as far as ESPN HD is concerned that a long way to go, and no way can it be in June so lets wait till next month and see what happens in TDSAT hearing on 28th June. Moreover Tata Sky is still to commerialize the HD operations, as BIG TV and Dish TV are yet to do so even after there announced launches a month ago. and TS has come up with a killer price where both the other competitors will fail to take off even with their famed tie ups with ESPN or Zee movies or Zee cinema in HD.....How many hindi blu rays are there for Zee Cinema HD to show anything in HD??

Thanks Prk buddy! Indeed useful info! Now all I am going to do is keep my toes (sarcasm) crossed and wait for more channels to launch esp Sports/Movie channels and go for Tata Sky + HD :D

Still even if we get TS+ HD the recorded programs would still be in SD... Now how many guys find time to watch stuff live?? I dont! and am sure many of them are with me!

LOL it would take atleast a year to get TS+ with HD PVR functions :o

Buddy 1080i will be a HUGE difference compared to SD.. u cannot spot much or any difference between 1080i n p don't worry. Still no discernable difference between 1080i and 1080p? -- Engadget HD
the pixel details would still exist even if it is interlaced (the i)

Ask HDBeat: How can I tell the difference between 1080i and 1080p -- Engadget HD

and 1080p broadcasts are still rare in the US so how can you expect them here where HD is just launching now... :P

Viru, in TS+, you can record, but in TS HD, u cannot record. Heard that TS+ STB can receive HD channels. But someone needs to confirm that.
HD reception would need MPEG-4 & DVB-S2 based STB & compatible HD tuner onboard. I doubt if TS+ STB is DVB-S2 compatible. Also I think it doesnt have HDMI.
So Tata Sky+ STB may not be able to receive HD.

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

If TATASKY proves to HC that they uplinking headend & STB compatible for HD service offering, then ESPN would have to provide HD feed to TATASKY. Because I had read somewhere that any Indian broadcaster/channel cannot provide their content exclusively to only some operator. Dont know if ESPN qualifies as Indian broadcaster :D

i called the customer care office in Delhi.....they dont even know about how to go through the entire process. I know although there are just 2 HD channels now. But this is a huge opening. And many more channels are going to be added. The only thing lagging is PVR, god know why they dont have that in HD.

The only thing lagging is PVR, god know why they dont have that in HD.

Because it is a failed model in India...Out of there 5 Million or so customers only .2 million are using TS+....not even 5% ..whereas internationally this figure is 50%.....maybe every one has been sitting on the fence for them to launch HD....but then how will they make money if they sell TS +HD and TS + at the same time and at the same price???...so they will wait for some fools to convert to TS HD first and then who will again upgrade to TS+ HD...in the meanwhile TS will be making money all the way and laughing at these people...

Because it is a failed model in India...Out of there 5 Million or so customers only .2 million are using TS+....not even 5% ..whereas internationally this figure is 50%.....maybe every one has been sitting on the fence for them to launch HD....but then how will they make money if they sell TS +HD and TS + at the same time and at the same price???...so they will wait for some fools to convert to TS HD first and then who will again upgrade to TS+ HD...in the meanwhile TS will be making money all the way and laughing at these people...

I have TS+ and eagerly waiting for HD, but I can wait for sometime if TS HD is providing only 2 channels as of now.

Back