Tata Sky HD DTH launched for Rs. 2599 only

• Thread starter Thread starter Jignesh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 26,902
Yeah Indeed many users are happy, Thanks to you Viru, I will be even more happy if you could bring news that TS is launching Tata Sky + HD service ASAP.. cos this is of no use to me as I am currently using TS+ and it will be a waste if I decide to go for the normal TS HD now...Also can someone tell me are the other providers like Bigtv, Dishtv,Sun etc.. offering full hd (1080p) instead of the advertised 1080i? 1080i is incidentally less than 720p I heard! Also right now TS+ users like me are getting 576i through component.. So 1080i will just be a marginal difference and not something mind blowing..Would be good if someone knowledgeable here could throw some elaboration here!

Yeah Indeed many users are happy, Thanks to you Viru, I will be even more happy if you could bring news that TS is launching Tata Sky + HD service ASAP.. cos this is of no use to me as I am currently using TS+ and it will be a waste if I decide to go for the normal TS HD now...

Also can someone tell me are the other providers like Bigtv, Dishtv,Sun etc.. offering full hd (1080p) instead of the advertised 1080i? 1080i is incidentally less than 720p I heard!

Also right now TS+ users like me are getting 576i through component.. So 1080i will just be a marginal difference and not something mind blowing..

Would be good if someone knowledgeable here could throw some elaboration here!

As Aussie said, I am also using TS+ and cannot stop using my PVR for HD. I heard that in component, the o/p can be 1080p, if that is true, I guess, TS should provide HD channels to TS+ customers

Yeah Indeed many users are happy, Thanks to you Viru, I will be even more happy if you could bring news that TS is launching Tata Sky + HD service ASAP.. cos this is of no use to me as I am currently using TS+ and it will be a waste if I decide to go for the normal TS HD now...

Also can someone tell me are the other providers like Bigtv, Dishtv,Sun etc.. offering full hd (1080p) instead of the advertised 1080i? 1080i is incidentally less than 720p I heard!

Also right now TS+ users like me are getting 576i through component.. So 1080i will just be a marginal difference and not something mind blowing..

Would be good if someone knowledgeable here could throw some elaboration here!

Buddy 1080i will be a HUGE difference compared to SD.. u cannot spot much or any difference between 1080i n p don't worry. Still no discernable difference between 1080i and 1080p? -- Engadget HD
the pixel details would still exist even if it is interlaced (the i)

Ask HDBeat: How can I tell the difference between 1080i and 1080p -- Engadget HD

and 1080p broadcasts are still rare in the US so how can you expect them here where HD is just launching now... :P

Any news on when this will be available from? I tried calling TS Helpline since yesterday, but even though was kept waiting for 5+ minutes each time, never managed to get hold of any representative. Will visit the local TS store today evening.Does anyone know if the non-HD channels are output at their SD resolution or upscaled and the aspect ratio they are displayed in?

although the price have come down marginallyim not interestedReason: 1) only six channels are currently in HD , discovery , sun , colors etc2) no recording, need some best tv tuner card to record it in pc3) as said before multi language option wont be available with 5.1 channel4) to get 1080i resolution need to have LCD TV of atleast 25 inchmy call, just wait for few months price will go down further, features may increase, Quality of service will be bettered

tell me what is diffrent between Tata Sky+ and tatasky HD stb...... plz tell me tatasky hd have recording or tatasky + run hd channel

Back