Tata Sky..............Now its time to ACT Fast

• Thread starter Thread starter aju_atma
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,663

aju_atma

ISP
Broadband
To remain in DTH bussiness and with the suscribes of Tata Sky.... tata sky should review their packages rite now or esle they will loose the business. life style gold pack should be included in regular super saver pack to stay in DTH race. Big tv will ruin tata sky in couple of months coz of no of channels and interactive services they have launched in comming months. they should either reduce the package rates or go for MPEG4 format to increase no of channels. so vikram kaushik its times for u to act fast or else u will be left alone watching tata sky......... so your time starts now.. :rofl::rofl::rofl::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

hahahah.. vikram kaushik wud simply move to BIG DTH instead of banging head on wall, like u r doing here :p

well said aju...........Mr VK or you hearing????????........time is veri short.......TS shud review their packages n switch over to MPEG4 as early as possible to stay in the race of DTH.

i had given them a sukha dhose, that i will be switching to reliance soon, will they be giving some kind of extra offers for its existing customers, i bet they will or else they should be ready for an exodus

There are some quite interesting news......conversion from MPEG 2 to MPEG4 !!!!!!!! From Indian Television.........comments from all of you are required:

"Reliance Communications' Big TV has started test run in homes of Anil Dhirubhai Ambani group employees even as it has drawn up an aggressive plan plan to build a sizeable direct-to-home (DTH) subscriber base.
Big TV is now showing 60 channels from all major broadcasters, and has offered the boxes to its employees through internal mailers at the highly subsidised rate of Rs 1,000 per subscriber.
Industry sources said that the price of Reliance DTH would remain unchanged when it is commercially launched a few weeks from now.
Big TV plans to show close to 300 channels when fully functional, a possibility because of the MPEG 4 format it will be using.
The company, which has reportedly ordered two million set-top boxes (STBs), has developed a technological solution which can upgrade an existing MPEG 2 [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]STB[/COLOR][/COLOR] to MPEG 4 level.
A source said that Reliance would deploy this solution as a marketing tool to capture the existing subscribers of Tata Sky and [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Dish [COLOR=blue ! important]TV[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
The latest regulation for the DTH sector recommended by the Telecom Authority of India (Trai) says that all new connections would have to be on the MPEG 4 format and the boxes would have to be interoperable.
This means that a subscriber can change a service provider without having to buy new equipment. Both Tata Sky and Dish TV have written to the government to remove this clause, as it would not be possible for them to upgrade the total number of five million boxes they share between themselves.
While Trai has clarified that the regulation would not affect old connections, it means that even the old DTH players would have to give new connections in MPEG 4 format.
For the rest, the existing five million would stay on the MPEG 2 format. Even in is this segment, Reliance's new solution of upgrading to MPEG 4 format would be a big lure.
A price war is imminent. While TataSky has already lowered its charges by half of what it started with a year ago, just to stay in competition, it is still above the price Reliance is offering.
Dish TV officials were not ready to let their plans be public, saying "something will be done."
But the real impact of Big TV's launch could be felt on the cable sector with the entry cost falling to as low as Rs 1,000.
Reliance Entertainment president Rajesh Sawhney was in a meeting when contacted and could not give his comments".

i think its nara laganeka time worst of worst Tata Sky is worst tatasky ko lagadalo apna life kho dalo hey aju atma we cant do except that posting here they are so many followeres fans and pro ts people will come against u they dont know they r doing wrong now pic quality gone every new channel going to speacial pack and worst of thing popular fta channels not coming even after more than a year. yesterday i have seen add that TS IS NOT 1500 RS TS IS 1499RS how silly is that still ts mangement want to fool people with these adds we or i was paying 350 rs/mon isnt that enough to get all hindi regional and sports channels still asking more taht son of bitches atleast they should make paks feasible for everyone for me all regional channels except that telugu waste i give a good advice to ts make all regional channels add on packs and reduce base price like sun dth

South Jumbo + Lifestyle Gold + NeoSports is 400+.For that amount I can get more channels in BigTV.Moreover, Tata Sky can not provide more channels without shifting to MPEG4 and it takes a long time 6 months to 1 year.If BigTV provides DVR+DVD SetTop Box at reasonable rate, yes there will be exodus in metros.

Don't worry even, if they add some more channels then their package pricing soon be around 500 bucks.

Back