TATA SKY PLUS DTH FAIL: Recording Failed :: EPG problem

• Thread starter Thread starter arian_walls
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,021

arian_walls

ISP
intech
hi guys,I dont know how many of you have noticed it,but incase if u keep a program for recording and after the recording starts,if Tata Sky changes the schedule or extends the timing of that program in the EPG,then it says recording failed.whatever content it recorded before the changes took place also goes away.This has happened thrice with meFor Ex :: Today i was recording a movie from kalaignar tv.it started at 1.30 pm and so did the recording.the movie was suppose to get over by 5 pm and some other program was suppose to begin at 5,but the movie got extended till 5.15 pm,the recording was still ON as i had changed the settings of tata sky plus to add 15 mins to the end of the recording,just when the movie was about to finish,tata sky updated their EPG and it showed that the movie is now till 5.15 pm and then the next program will begin at 5.15 pm.After this change took place,i checked the status of the recording and it said "FAILED"This problem happens in all channels once the EPG changesi reported this problem to CC,but they seem to be dumb and everytime they just send a technician out to my place.I have told them that its a software glitch,but they dont seem to undertand thinking that this problem is with the hardware,and they send the techniciani want to know if u guys are facing the problem and if there is any way we can solve this or if u already have a solution.

has no one faced this problem?

i think, as u have changed the Tata Sky+ settings at the time of recording,it says recording failed.
what do u think?

do u mean to say that i changed the setting to add 15 mins to the end of the recording after the recording began?
if this is ur question then,yes i did

but incase if i dont change the setting after the recording begins,then will it record properly even if the program gets extended and if there is a sudden update in the EPG ?

If recording setting for currently recording programme is changed, then it may cause some problem, but ideally STB should not allow change in settings once recording begins.Also while recording, if EPG is changed by operator then any problem should not occur. BTW operator may not change EPG during day time normal hours unless some important event changes.

do u mean to say that i changed the setting to add 15 mins to the end of the recording after the recording began?
if this is ur question then,yes i did

but incase if i dont change the setting after the recording begins,then will it record properly even if the program gets extended and if there is a sudden update in the electronic program guide ?

one thing my friend,the recording of a program simply works in time slot basis.if your program in that time slot that means which you have assigned ,it will record that program.

The extended recording that you tried must have faultered the current recording.

If recording setting for currently recording programme is changed, then it may cause some problem, but ideally STB should not allow change in settings once recording begins.
Also while recording, if electronic program guide is changed by operator then any problem should not occur. BTW operator may not change electronic program guide during day time normal hours unless some important event changes.

I have changed the settings several times after the recording has begun. This does not cause the recording to be failed.

But yes, the changes in EPG can cause that, because the entire recording system is based on that. And operator does change the EPG during day time. If you watch Zee Cinema, normally their movies never start on time. So if the movie is scheduled to start at 5 pm, and if it actually starts at say 5:18 pm, you will notice the change in EPG as well. Once I have seen the change in EPG on Set Max, when the cricket match got washed by rain, EPG was changed real time to display some movie name in that slot.

Tata Sky need to fix this issue as soon as possible since the changes in EPG are bound to happen, and in fact, I would love the real time changes in EPG.

It is still not identified that electronic program guide is the cause of the problem whatever the problem is It should be fixed in case all have come across it.

Back