• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,159

powerontop

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hi, I have been using TS+ HD for some months now. Recently have been seeing that the shows I keep for recording late at night donot get recorded at all. When I check for their recording status, I see Red with a slash in the middle. When pressing select on that, I get option "Delete" and reason for recording failure - Unknown. Has anyone seen such a behaviour. I have also disabled Standby feature thinking that it might be the reasons but that has also not changed the behaviour. Recording programs during normal daytimes or say while we are viewing some channels is working fine.Neone has any idea abt it or seen such behaviour and has rectified it?

I get the same error sometimes.. my guess is that there is a mismatch between the earlier scheduled programming shown in the EPG & the actual program that airs at that time..

Could be but dont think so coz I have seen different program playing at the scheduled time for a prog. I kept to record. Also that is rare and can't be a daily happening. It is happening almost daily with me and the prog. is not changed also.Is there some official TS forum we can complain or discuss with fellow users?

You can try the schedule program recording:
Press Organizer button on remote:
From the menu, select User Settings and then Tata Sky+ Settings
Options available :
Disk Management Mode
Review Buffer depth
Add to start recording
Add to end recording.
or
you can record your show with the help of search and scan banner and set your programme for recording (R button).

The indication of the red symbol with slash may also mean [FONT=&quot][/FONT]the whole show didn't get recorded this maybe due to rains. In case there was no rains in your area contact the helpdesk for assistance.

^ I obviously know how to record!! that is why when programs kept for recording don't get recorded. This esp. happens for late night recordings. I have disabled the Standby option but still no luck. Is this a bug in the TS+ HD Box? Ironically, some programs record well and some don't. No rain etc coz it is happening daily for those prog. but sometime they record perfectly. Completely erratic.

hmm, yes possibly there could be some error in the STB as I recently recorded late night movies from Star Movies there wasn't any problem that I faced in recording them so I presume this is not a general issue everyone is facing however delhiboy1000 did face similar issue but his might be a differed case as in comparison you are facing it more frequently. Get in touch with their service team they shall look into this matter.

Do you have enough space on your disk? Also someone might be pressing the record button multiple times during a record... happens. I guess only you can figure it out with the limited info anyone can have about what is wrong with your system. All the best.

The indication of the red symbol with slash may also mean the whole show didn't get recorded this maybe due to rains. In case there was no rains in your area contact the helpdesk for assistance.

Right, I guess it does happen when a recording is terminated abnormally... by which I mean rain, power failure or STB is swichted-off...

Back