Tata Sky Plus Recording Failure

• Thread starter Thread starter jaypee307
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 18,138
Let me try this today when i go home...

This is happenning to me as well , since last friday nothng is getting recorded if it was scheduled in advance , except the current recording done .
Have compalined CC and they sent a technician , they too didnot have any clue .. did reset couple of times and they changed the Record Buffer time from 45 mins to 90 mins in TS+ settings.
Then its working as of now .. tested recording 2 channels simultanously by putting the STB in sleep mode ( had a doubt since when we sleep the STB it goes to ch100 and thought one or both recordings could fail ) but both recording worked , the tech told due to some piracy from cable guys they have updated the SW to move to ch100 in sleep mode but they told 2 scheduled recordings will still happen ... have to wait and see .
I also had the Blue screen with only volume of a previous channel when i swap channels and that also seems to be rectified after they did the reset . Have to wait and watch .

Guess this could be a Global Issue for TS+ boxes .. TS should solve this before this gets more .

More funny behaviour!1. Top two messages were white strips without headers. Only when selected, header was seen in blue backgrouns.2. Amber message light was not switching off even after the messageds were read.To TS's credit. Broadcast timings were changed for two tamil serials from this monday onwards 9 to 10 pm from the last week's 8 to 9 pm). The programs were on series record mode, and were recorded correctly with the new timing.

Aju, yes, I have switched off the STB after the day's recording was over. (No need to restart the STB for the changes to take effect).

No need to change the END recording option. The problem will be solved if you change the START option and set it to 2 minutes. I have been recording trouble free after I changed the Start Recording option.

When I called the Customer Care, they didn't have a clue. I accidentally found this solution.

Took your advise and now its working properly...but TS has to address this issue and solve it...

Dear All,

this was indeed a goof up from Tata Sky end. even i faced the same problem. i have reported this to them and their tech team is already involved in the same task. the recordings fail when the settop box is in standby mode. however if you schedule your programs and keep the box online with auto standby disabled the scheduled recordings work fine... try it.. maybe till that time Tatasky should be able to fix this..

this is pure wastage of power and hence the box is no longer become environmental friendly...

[email protected]

Roopesh, no need to keep the set top box on.

From the menu Organiser---->System Settings---->Tata Sky+ Settings---->Add to Start Recording; Change to 2 minutes from 10 minutes. I don't know how this solved the problem, but the recording works properly now

Dear All,

this was indeed a goof up from TATASKY end. even i faced the same problem. i have reported this to them and their tech team is already involved in the same task. the recordings fail when the settop box is in standby mode. however if you schedule your programs and keep the box online with auto standby disabled the scheduled recordings work fine... try it.. maybe till that time Tatasky should be able to fix this..

this is pure wastage of power and hence the box is no longer become environmental friendly...

[email protected]

As suggested by Jaypee i have taken his suggestion and now my TS+ is working fine but TS should resolve this issue...

In my case the recording resumes once I switch off and switch on but again fails after a few hours. The resetting/formatting was done charging Rs 200 by the technician but the problem continues. I will take it up again with them

Back