• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 3,740

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
Tata Sky Ltd, the direct-to-home television services provider, had a net aggregate loss of Rs806.36 crore.

Source: Tata group looks to redefine profile - Home - livemint.com

Whereas, Dishtv is only DTH company who is EBITDA Positive for consecutive 2 quarters.

Commenting on the Q1 results, Subhash Chandra, Chairman, DishTV, said, “It is heartening to note that despite a weaker economic climate, the direct to home (DTH) segment, which was pioneered by DishTV in India, continued to grow at a strong pace. Digitisation of Indian television has gained irreversible momentum, while driving higher quality and a superior offering to the consumers.”

He further said, “We have extended the momentum gained during the last fiscal into the first quarter of FY10. Our revenues grew exponentially to Rs 2,521 million, a growth of 53 per cent over last year and I am glad to report that we achieved positive EBITDA for second successive quarter. These results are a direct outcome of our business strategy that is tuned to the needs of our customers.”

Jawahar Goel, Managing Director, DishTV, said, “The Q1 results testify to the resilience of our business model. DishTV continued to consolidate its leadership position in the market through record customer additions every month. The outlook for the industry remains positive and the year ahead promises to be an exciting one for DishTV.”

Source: DishTV Q1 revenues up 53 pc; added 0.44 m new subscribers too

Wow, Tata Sky loss is higher than Tata AIG :ishock:

Tata Sky must have made a loss because its growth is gradual. It is increasing its subscriber base and current customer value its services provided.:)

Tata groups do not have interdependant Co.s Tata Sky's articulate progression in top ( it is one of the top) DTH players cannot be compared in terms of service package and pricing. It offers good services to its customer base.:urock:

But the subscriber is paying more than other DTH providers to watch same channels in another DTH .now all DTH players has started giving good service to their subscribers. may be TS is giving good service from the start.i had also a subscriber of TS more than 1 yr.i left bcoz of the heavy package prices there is little choice of packages in TS eg:if we want NTDTV IMAGINE we have to subscribe Lifestyle and pay more .little options in their packs.

Annual mega pack includes 171 channels plus 12 showcase movies and also any new channels introduced will be in the pack no charges.

time to make one more calculation. i am not good at accounting but here it is:806.36 cr / 3 million customer = loss of 2687 Rs per yr per customeri.e. 223Rs/month per customer.customer already pays atleast 300Rs a month. so TS has to charge 523Rs, this is just not possible.Forget abt 2000 additional that TS charges for STB (new customers) which I am not even counting.

Annual mega pack includes 171 channels plus 12 showcase movies and also any new channels introduced will be in the pack no charges.

As i said i had subscribed the Tata Sky for more than 1 yr.i had compared between TS vs other DTH .what i found i had experianced.there is no arguments about the CC.it is the best i had gone through.i am a subscriber of Dish TV more than 5 yrs.i have 2 DTH connection from 1 yr.The other was TS.now i left TS and bought another DishTV connection recently.i know about all features of both TS & DISHTV.finally i opted for another DISHTV .

As i said i had subscribed the Tata Sky for more than 1 yr.i had compared between Tata Sky DTH vs other DTH .what i found i had experianced.there is no arguments about the CC.it is the best i had gone through.i am a subscriber of Dish TV more than 5 yrs.i have 2 DTH connection from 1 yr.The other was Tata Sky DTH.now i left Tata Sky DTH and bought another DishTV connection recently.i know about all features of both Tata Sky DTH & DISHTV.finally i opted for another DISHTV .

How many channels in the best pack does dish tv supply for and with how many showcase movies?

Back