Tata Sky signal lags behind cable

• Thread starter Thread starter patrickib
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 6,460
may be becasue they are FTA channels and no encryption is done.

What about the time? Is the time shown in the banner match with IST? Or does it lag? As the banner is added by TS before transmission, mismatch of actual programme time and displayed time will create problems for time shift recording.
Time in banner is not part of data, but Time is itself a seprate data, which is transmitted in transport stream table, this time is based on GMT (and may be linked with transmitting satellite time, so it might be accurate), but it may also lag by few seconds (milliseconds atleast) in processing.

may be becasue they are FTA channels and no encryption is done.
i think fta channels are also encrypted in ts :rolleyes: if we dont pay the money, they will stop transmission of FTA channels also.:rofl:

from last 4 days ts sig going down to 184 -194 it looks so worst so many shades coming and even my cable is coming very fine if i compare pic quality it is = pirated cd hey spme people claiming with134 sig better pic how can it be possible [ they might have got eithrer tv or stbs from extra terresrtial region from their alien friends]:yahoo:

The clarity / pixelation due to less signal strength will be apparent only with 42" + LCD TV's and not our conventional CRT TV's incl 29" and 32" . Maybe thats why we cant seem to notice the difference.

Yeah on my 46 incher it looks great.
its great "crazysah crazy kiya re":yahoo: how did u get such a good quality pic even though signal strenth is less thats why i have a doubt of getting tv sets from aliens

I am not a technical guy but this is what i think. I might be wrong.

Its not possible for each and every channel to be there on the satellite which DTH uses. So the DTH operator downlinks the signals from various satellites at a central location. And then they uplink that again to their satellite.I think TS does the same from Banglore.

This process causes the delay. Cable operator once gets the signals from different satellites,it reaches us via cable. While TS again sends it to INSAT 4A and then we get it from there. I think this delay will be there in any DTH worldwide

https://broadband.forum/tata-sky-dth/16519-tata-sky-spoiled-entire-thrill-cricket-match/3/#post113557

Back