Tata sky to launch Netflix like movie renting service in India

• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 17,790
Nope. I am still on D2h. And that 341 pm i mentioned is on D2h only.

you are missing the point... majority of the movie going audience does not watch english movies. english movies are largely restricted to major metros. and that is why we have dubbed editions. you are not going to believe it but when i went to see delhi belly, a lot of people were disappointed that the show was in hinglish rather than english.

I hope TS really does know about the broadband situation in India and if not ask there tata comm. counterparts. I m really betting on with which ISP they will tie up becausemost don't even have the infra for streaming 480p videos correctly leave alone hd content.

Frankly speaking, even i need subtitles to get their accent!! Dont understand how they manage to be so "unclear".......we have English commentaries too, but theres no need for subtitles in that!!

i actually love how star world and star movies have subtitles for most of their content.

a lot of people hate them of course.

DTH actually has the capability to allow users to turn on/off subtitles (just like how they offer multiple languages today) . i hope we get that someday in the future.

i think there are laws in the US and European markets which makes it mandatory for content providers to offer subtitles on demand for disabled people.

netflix was recently sued for not having subtitles for a lot of their content. the company however is working hard on it.

i actually love how star world and star movies have subtitles for most of their content.

a lot of people hate them of course.

DTH actually has the capability to allow users to turn on/off subtitles (just like how they offer multiple languages today) . i hope we get that someday in the future.

yeah some are there don't prefer subtitles but end up not understanding half of the film(they don't admit it either).
I think personally subtitles are a better approach than dubbing, it just wastes away the originality of the content.

Back