The Official UPS Recommendation Thread

ISP
you telecom
i need an inverter for my system .When i used Su-kam 800VA sine wave inv. directly in UPS mode my system turned off automatically-power went away unexplainingly..obviously it could not function in UPS mode as claimed by the company..I nd 2 work on my pc evday & so i need an inverter just for my PC.Plz suggest which brand inverter will be the most reliable .I hv one 800VA UPS by Microtek that works fine but only 15 mins ...Plz tell me if i need to place one UPS in b/w my PC and inverter even though it's(inverter) really a UPS .I can afford an 800VA Inverter/UPS only...PLZ HLP FAST ...Its URGENT:wall:

here is what i am going to suggest. if you are downloading/uploading using torrents, get a router that has an internal torrent client and use it for 24x7 data transfer. much more efficient.

Thanks chromaniac. Sounds interesting. :thumbup1: Can you suggest any router (preferable Wi-fi) for this purpose? :question:

With ur budget u can get 20 mins backup only.

I have APC 650 va which cost me Rs.3300. With Dual core cpu and 20" monitor it gives only 20 mins backup.

Thanks raj2007. I was looking any 800 VA UPS within the price range of 2k - 3k. (I can stretch my budget to 3k) With an 800VA UPS, I heard I can get back up of about 50 minutes. Any brand/make in your knowledge? :waiting:

start a new thread. we have had a couple of threads discussing it i think but a dedicated one would be nice.also. battery life depends upon the battery capacity not the capacity of the UPS itself. :| VA rating is about the maximum load the UPS can support.

Thanks to everybody for the suggestions to help me buy a better UPS for my PC. :Thank You:After all I decided and bought a Microtek 800 VA DoublePower+ UPS with 2 year warranty on UPS and 1 year warranty on battery with about 20-25 minutes backup for Rs 2750 here at Wazirpur Commercial Complex in Delhi.The dealer also told me about APC 600 VA UPS for Rs 1900 with 2 year warranty both on battery and UPS but with only 5-10 minutes of backup. So I went with the Microtek 800 VA DoublePower+ UPS. I hope it is enough to serve my purpose. :pray:

In my area Amazon last mile delivery is done by the local shops which double up as their pick up points. Last few days I have witnessed extremely ROUGH handling of goods in my colony by their delivery boys.
What happened to my Brother printer last month is mentioned in another thread. In the past many parcels were damaged but luckily the contents were ok.

Back