This site has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom #indiablocks

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 1,036
  • Views Views 198,050
Chewingum pit gayi kya, can open all file sharing services on my reliance NC+

1st of all these were not 'file sharing sites' these are file lockers, where users can upload and save content or send it to someone, yeah mostly used for movies and warez but they are not sharing sites, that would be toorent sites or newsgroups , so stop using 'file sharing sites' in blog etc. this court order is wrong for many reasons, 1st an isp is not libel for any content which passes through it, this was covered under IT act 2008 and is mostly upheld world wide. mpaa/riaa have trying isps to cop the network on their own and isp's have won most cases in court , you don't blame a postman for what he delivers. so the isps here had a excellent chance to settle it in court but they went they other way , so it shows where their interest lies. naturally with reliance being the originator of the court they led from front.2nd there was no order from DOT so ips were displaying wrong and misleading info , here they are are all libel , in 2 ways 1st the court never ordered a web site block and DOT had anything to do with this, some one with free time and lawyers can tear them into pieces over this. blaming a govt organization and wrong interpretation of an court order amounts to contempt of court. a serous thingy in india.plus the courts defiantly have to keep up to the pace now the floodgates have are open, the judges obviously will need a crash course in internet and rulings from other countries as study examples. this order was wrong and again can be challenged. isps really had brilliant chance here, most isps in other countries would gone full hog into court over this. lastly reliance and this movie should be just banned by users over this , from the reviews it seems like it sucks anyways, and that is what they are trying to stop , once it is out the reviews on sites mostly tell ppl what a suck all movie it is so nobody wastes their money or time on it, most movies in india depend on the initial weekend rest is all numbers and games. this is going to get really interesting in future.p.s mtln is seems like never blocked any sites , reading from comments here and else where, cause they are real babus and knew this was not a govt ruling or court order they had to comply with , so +1 to them.

^ I agree with you completely. A year or two back the IFPI had issued a ultimatum to Telenor(Norway) to block Pirate Bay. Telenor has flatly refused to do that saying it does not act on the whims and fancies of the music industry. Inspite of a lawsuit Telenor did not budge from its stand. I just wish our isp's have bigger balls.What has happened in our country is just the beginning. As these movie studios etc get more aggressive with their tactics(trying to enforce a blanket ban on everything) so will the people get more aggressive about defending their rights. This single incident has definitely ruffled a few feathers of the online community( which is only going to get bigger n bigger as time goes by). They should rather focus on making decent movies which people would like to watch than put up a few slutty dance sequences and a crappy story line and actually expect people to line up at the theatre.

if MTNL hasn't blocked anything then there's a chance other will unblock those sites. Till just set Google DNS and access all blocked sites.

sify was the one who blocked ALL torrent websites. I havent checked on my connection yet. I wish I could sodomize these butchers...

Before Sending Notices to ISPs, Better Reliance checkout their own employees . They bloody don't know that their own Reliance Entertainment employees are copying Print Before Release in Pen Drives and watching it. and they are blaming ISPs for Piracy . LOOSERS :russian_roulette:

Old news now I guess?All sites are working fine for me (Pacenet) here in Delhi. I just read about it TBH and for a second was worried (then I realised how ****ing incompetent Indian government is.. thank the frackin gods).

Back