This site has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom #indiablocks

• Thread starter Thread starter mayank1200
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 1,036
  • Views Views 198,049
i thought the first steps were talken long time ago. we are much ahead in the censorship scenario.

well there is nothing to be happy about if you can access these services. if you guys look at the larger picture, what is happening is unacceptable.

this is similar to airtel fup. a lot of people were not affected initially. or they were happy with 100GB limits that were imposed initially. and now look what has happened with airtel.

The impact will be less , and only to reliance users , as all others will shrug off saying "it works fine for me".. there wont be much impact.

----------

This leads to a interesting question :

say i create a CRAPPY short film and go to court and ask for a John Doe , and ask the court to block INTERNET as such , since i feel that internet can be used as a platform for pirating MY CRAPPY short film , will the court grant me an John doe order ?

yeah but it is a dangerous precedent..i mean if this is so easy then what stops other production houses and distributors from approaching the court and obtaining a similar order..besides this court order applies to Airtel and other ISP's as well..if they dont block they could be hauled up for contempt of court..PS.. but the earlier order was for singham..do they have a fresh order for his movie as well?

yeap. airtel and most other sites are playing with fire here if the court order has been issued and the block has to be implemented by all the ISPs in the country.

yeah..but the earlier order was for Singham..reliance cannot use that to force other ISP's to block access to subsequent releases.

yeah..but the earlier order was for Singham..reliance cannot use that to force other ISP's to block access to subsequent releases.

It wont take few hours to get one ..

^ umm..that depends..but till they have one they cant force other ISP's on the basis of an old order

^ umm..that depends..but till they have one they cant force other ISP's on the basis of an old order

I dont think they are forcing anything as of now , since most of the sites are now accessible. Also reliance can simply block stating that "RELIANCE PRODUCTION" asked to block infringing sites , courts which has no idea of working of internet will simply accept it

Back