Tikona WiBro Services - Dont Ever go for it

connectivity wise i have never had issues with BSNL or MTNL the only issue if they had downtime takes sometime to resolve but no crap like these guys

Dear All,
On 12/26/2013 I took subscription of the service from Tikona. 4MBPS unlimited connection - was the service opted for by upfront payment of 2600/- including some deposit amount,
Unfortunately - I could not use much during the initial days & began usage sometime in the first week of January, & realized there was no connection & when connected it was not delivering the speeds promised.
I called customer care and after explaining my plight on the speed being poor they only agreed to pay 199 as waiver on bill on Jan 7th but refused to entertain my disconnection request!
Note: my first disconnection request came within days of availing service which was not entertained by Tikona, they kept giving excuses and kept promising speeds & fix for connection
After this , with the same poor state of affairs I received the first bill on Jan 17th 2014 for amount of 623/- for the limited duration after excluding the waiver etc..
I was very clear to customer care & firm in saying they need to fix the service, as i was not getting the promised speed of 4MBPS
Also, there were too many interruptions (Down time) many nights there was no internet cause of some backup issue, server issue etc etc...
In my conversations to customer care I made them aware of the issue, to which their response was we have waived 199/- off that is the fix in itself and the connection on their end is fine,
There was no engineer sent to fix the actual issue or check my reported concerns from Tikona.
I refused to pay the bill until they fix the connection issues, a month went by & I received the second bill for February (Jan 623/- & feb 1281/- combined) - 2541/-
As a customer, I was not getting my money's worth & was displeased with the service - which I had made abundantly clear,
But, Tikona was buying time and promising fixes without making any real progress in providing real solutions to the complaints.
On one end I was unhappy with the service & was requesting them to suspend my service - which they did not cater to.
On the other end - I was bombarded with calls about delayed payment
I would get as many as 10 calls some days there was no fixed time, I would get calls up-to 11 Pm and early morning 7am onwards
Many were automated voice messages, which only inform of the outstanding payment and hang up automatically,
I would get many many emails on payment reminders!
I was disturbed mentally & could not attend my meetings and focus on my work peacefully!
It was inhumane of Tikona to take to such lengths about petty payments, this despite having service issues they have not yet addressed.
There was nobody who would listen to your concerns & address them.
The telephone contact is a shame,
The Toll free number 18002094276 had wait times of up-to 30 minutes and would automatically hangup after making you wait for 25/30 minutes - It was frustrating
There were Robots on the other end of the phone, who fail to understand customer service or the issues, they made empty promises and assured follow up call backs
I never have received call-backs as promised
It was nothing less than perpetual TORTURE from Tikona, finally I decided to write to them, so I have something in back & white.
On March 10th 2014, I wrote to them with my concerns & asked them to disconnect my service, I had cleared the outstanding bill amount 2452/- the same day and requested them to stop the calls & mail harassment on the bill payment matter.
Since, then I have not received a reply to the mail!!!
I received another bill in March 19th 2014 about outstanding payment of 1627/-, but nobody replied or called to fix the concerns RAISED!
I had a call back in the month of may asking for reason for non payment for the amount 1627/-, I was getting no where with the company,
So, I only asked them to NOT DEAL WITH ME ON PHONE & write to me by replying to my mail
So I have things clearly in Black & White,
They have refused to reply to the mail, so far to this day I do not have a response form Tikona on the mail sent!
But the Torture intensified and I kept getting even more calls each day on pending payment & numerous mails about bill payment,
They even generated another bill for the month of April on 19th April for 1728/- and wanted me to pay total amount of 3455/-
I outright refused and told them that I have in writing about the request for disconnection of service, they have not obliged my request
So I am not liable to pay that amount as per law of the land!
They generated another bill in the month of May on 20th May and wanted me to pay a final sum of 3119/- after some adjustments, that I do not fully understand nor the company bothered explain to me as customer on the adjustments made.
So they threatened legal action in the month of May, I asked them to go right ahead!
Since, I had the mail record asking them to disconnect the service
But requested Tikona to collect their Modem and some equipment provided at the time of connection, which remains Tikona property and was only leased to me for the time of usage.
Nobody came for collection so far.
So far, I blocked all communication from Tikona, Mail from sender has been blocked & Phone has been blocked after they threatened and were unruly to me and did not treat me fairly
I did not wish to be subjected to their torture, so I exercised my right and blocked them completely.
Today, 19th June at 12.30Pm I received a call from a legal office in New Delhi,
Once Mr Sharma (+91-11-66458100) called and asked if I want a out of court settlement else they will proceed with legal action as requested by Tikona for non payment of 3119/-
I was not interested in traveling to New Delhi and pay my money on air fares and spend more on this matter,
So I agreed to clear the bill and sent the mail confirmation to Mr.Sharma, but asked them if I can approach consumer court and take the matter
The legal council from Mr.Sharma's ([email protected]) office who called said I could do that,
So today I have cleared all dues 3119/- as billed by Tikona and have bought the matter to your notice!
Although, I was very unhappy to do the payment of the amount for service that I have not availed, I have cleared all bills and asked Tikona to collect their equipment again today VIA Email request.
I request you to take notice, and serve justice to customers of Tikona
Regards,
Raj

Hi reddyrajashekar,
Thanks for sharing your experience. I am from Bangalore and recently moved to Kaggadaspura.
I have been in 2 minds as to whether to opt for Tikona or not. On enquiring with my friends, I got a mixed response. My friend who resides in Kammanahalli had a very bad experience. Another friend who resides in L.B.Shastri Nagar said he was satisfied. My wife's feedback from her friends was that it was bad service.
What further added to my dilemna is that Kaggadaspura is terminally short of Bandwidth providers.
BSNL - No service & crappy response, They have not even laid the lines, the chap throws out all sort of excuses like BWSSB not providing permission to lay cables and such bull
ACT - very popular and reliable in Bangalore but are yet to enter Kaggadaspura
Airtel - The only wired broadband provider. Run out of free slots and ran out of patience following up with them
So the only option of a wired connection was Tikona
The sales rep who came home assured me that Disconnection would not be an issue, if I was dis-satisfied. But given the word-of-mouth feedback I have received from my social circle, I have been stalling them. Now, after reading this post I won't even bother to take their connection I'm gonna stick with 4G LTE dongle until Airtel frees up a slot or ACT enters Kaggadaspura, whichever is earlier

reddyrajashekar said:
Dear All,
On 12/26/2013 I took subscription of the service from Tikona. 4MBPS unlimited connection - was the service opted for by upfront payment of 2600/- including some deposit amount,
Unfortunately - I could not use much during the initial days & began usage sometime in the first week of January, & realized there was no connection & when connected it was not delivering the speeds promised.
I called customer care and after explaining my plight on the speed being poor they only agreed to pay 199 as waiver on bill on Jan 7th but refused to entertain my disconnection request!
Note: my first disconnection request came within days of availing service which was not entertained by Tikona, they kept giving excuses and kept promising speeds & fix for connection
After this , with the same poor state of affairs I received the first bill on Jan 17th 2014 for amount of 623/- for the limited duration after excluding the waiver etc..
I was very clear to customer care & firm in saying they need to fix the service, as i was not getting the promised speed of 4MBPS
Also, there were too many interruptions (Down time) many nights there was no internet cause of some backup issue, server issue etc etc...
In my conversations to customer care I made them aware of the issue, to which their response was we have waived 199/- off that is the fix in itself and the connection on their end is fine,
There was no engineer sent to fix the actual issue or check my reported concerns from Tikona.
I refused to pay the bill until they fix the connection issues, a month went by & I received the second bill for February (Jan 623/- & feb 1281/- combined) - 2541/-
As a customer, I was not getting my money's worth & was displeased with the service - which I had made abundantly clear,
But, Tikona was buying time and promising fixes without making any real progress in providing real solutions to the complaints.
On one end I was unhappy with the service & was requesting them to suspend my service - which they did not cater to.
On the other end - I was bombarded with calls about delayed payment
I would get as many as 10 calls some days there was no fixed time, I would get calls up-to 11 Pm and early morning 7am onwards
Many were automated voice messages, which only inform of the outstanding payment and hang up automatically,
I would get many many emails on payment reminders!
I was disturbed mentally & could not attend my meetings and focus on my work peacefully!
It was inhumane of Tikona to take to such lengths about petty payments, this despite having service issues they have not yet addressed.
There was nobody who would listen to your concerns & address them.
The telephone contact is a shame,
The Toll free number 18002094276 had wait times of up-to 30 minutes and would automatically hangup after making you wait for 25/30 minutes - It was frustrating
There were Robots on the other end of the phone, who fail to understand customer service or the issues, they made empty promises and assured follow up call backs
I never have received call-backs as promised
It was nothing less than perpetual TORTURE from Tikona, finally I decided to write to them, so I have something in back & white.
On March 10th 2014, I wrote to them with my concerns & asked them to disconnect my service, I had cleared the outstanding bill amount 2452/- the same day and requested them to stop the calls & mail harassment on the bill payment matter.
Since, then I have not received a reply to the mail!!!
I received another bill in March 19th 2014 about outstanding payment of 1627/-, but nobody replied or called to fix the concerns RAISED!
I had a call back in the month of may asking for reason for non payment for the amount 1627/-, I was getting no where with the company,
So, I only asked them to NOT DEAL WITH ME ON PHONE & write to me by replying to my mail
So I have things clearly in Black & White,
They have refused to reply to the mail, so far to this day I do not have a response form Tikona on the mail sent!
But the Torture intensified and I kept getting even more calls each day on pending payment & numerous mails about bill payment,
They even generated another bill for the month of April on 19th April for 1728/- and wanted me to pay total amount of 3455/-
I outright refused and told them that I have in writing about the request for disconnection of service, they have not obliged my request
So I am not liable to pay that amount as per law of the land!
They generated another bill in the month of May on 20th May and wanted me to pay a final sum of 3119/- after some adjustments, that I do not fully understand nor the company bothered explain to me as customer on the adjustments made.
So they threatened legal action in the month of May, I asked them to go right ahead!
Since, I had the mail record asking them to disconnect the service
But requested Tikona to collect their Modem and some equipment provided at the time of connection, which remains Tikona property and was only leased to me for the time of usage.
Nobody came for collection so far.
So far, I blocked all communication from Tikona, Mail from sender has been blocked & Phone has been blocked after they threatened and were unruly to me and did not treat me fairly
I did not wish to be subjected to their torture, so I exercised my right and blocked them completely.
Today, 19th June at 12.30Pm I received a call from a legal office in New Delhi,
Once Mr Sharma (+91-11-66458100) called and asked if I want a out of court settlement else they will proceed with legal action as requested by Tikona for non payment of 3119/-
I was not interested in traveling to New Delhi and pay my money on air fares and spend more on this matter,
So I agreed to clear the bill and sent the mail confirmation to Mr.Sharma, but asked them if I can approach consumer court and take the matter
The legal council from Mr.Sharma's ([email protected]) office who called said I could do that,
So today I have cleared all dues 3119/- as billed by Tikona and have bought the matter to your notice!
Although, I was very unhappy to do the payment of the amount for service that I have not availed, I have cleared all bills and asked Tikona to collect their equipment again today VIA Email request.
I request you to take notice, and serve justice to customers of Tikona
Regards,
Raj
Dear Mr. Reddy,
Greetings from Tikona.
With regards to your concern, we confirm that the disconnection request is in progress. We will revert at the earliest.
For any further issues/queries, you can contact us on our toll free number 1-800-209-4276 or you can reach us at forum.tikona.in
Regards,
Tikona Care

I can understand your frustration. I am stuck with Tikona for 2 years now because the building i live in is somehow not supported by any other ISP. But having Tikona connection is worse than not having anything at all. even though their plans look good, but their service is HORRIBLE. they never give a lasting solution to your problem, and the connection is down almost every day. and whenever it is working, the speed is nowhere close what they have promised. anyone who is thinking about switching to Tikona broadband, please don't do it.

Back