• Views Views 40,742

~Hami~

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
hi guys,

good news

this is to inform u that ,

Times of India (India's largest selling English Daily), is gonna launch in Chennai from April 1. :yahoo:

TIMES OF INDIA--CHENNAI EDITION

Welcome to Times of India

Introductory offer for 6 months subscription is Rs170 ----a travel bag free and Rs 299 for 1 year subscription----stainless steel vacuum flask free.

an agent of times of india , came to my house and told all the details and
i ve booked for 1 yr subscription. :thumbsup:

Launching of Chennai Edition is in early April 1st week...

i dont have the screeshot, but i searched in google and found a blogspot website to find a pic of this offer.
go here:

niya's world: TIMES OF INDIA---CHENNAI EDITION

and to know more about it, here is the address of times of india office in chennai:

Times of India
123,Chamiers Road,
Nandanam ,
Chennai--600035

Subscriber's helpline number 044-24317979

Given the sophistication it exudes, TOI has to resort to tactics like these to pull subscribers. All the best to them!

i think all newspapers and magazines in general will need to get innovative to avoid being exterminated by the internet :)

Off topic, but not entirely. Yesterday (Saturday), TOI and ET were not delivered. Instead, the paper wallah supplied DNA and Business Standard. And today, TOI had this on their front page -

TO OUR READERS

The Times of India is Pune’s favourite newspaper. Yesterday, the newspaper may have failed to reach quite a few homes. We apologise for it. The competition floated several rumours explaining its absence, but the readers haven’t given credence to any of them considering the amount of queries they made at this office.
Here’s the truth. In an attempt to block the circulation of The Times of India, the competition used money power to disrupt the distribution networks for a day. This amounts to crude and unfair trade practice. Such business practices are counterproductive as the product’s credibility itself comes into question. In a competitive market, ethics is a crucial parameter for play. We expect the competition to grow up and observe the rules of the game.
Dear Reader, our commiserations, since you were deprived yesterday of your favourite newspaper. We respect the value you place on The Times of India, and we renew our pledge to be at your service.
— EDITOR

heh... sounds like the war between cable guys.considering they are collaborating with hindustan times... i have no idea who their competition is now.

i had subscribed to hindustan times for 2 years for just 150Rs! not a bad paper at alli have already recovered more than that in just abt 9-10months by selling them for recycling

HT, TOI and IE are the main papers in North and West India. But this disruption seems to be the work of Subhash Chandra's DNA. A blog search gives this information on the mess - - Clipboard Conversations. It is irritating when you don't get your regular newspaper and find one nonsense being replaced with another.

oh btw i forgot the main point why i started writing(in this thread). its surprising that TOI didnt have local version in chennai, a metro city

It is irritating when you don't get your regular newspaper and find one nonsense being replaced with another.

hehe so u admit indirectly that TOI is nonsense :p

chennai is over shadowed by hindu, indian express(not that much) and recently, deccan chronicle with their one rupee price magic :hysterical:

Back