Times of India - launching in chennai

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 40,742
hey i have called the helpline atleast 10 times for the past 3 weeks.... but still they have not sent their executive to my place.... can any1 plz help???????? i really need to subscribe to it.......

hey i have called the helpline atleast 10 times for the past 3 weeks.... but still they have not sent their executive to my place.... can any1 plz help???????? i really need to subscribe to it.......
conact ur nearest dealer..........

Guys, I am really frustrated with the Times of India... till now i did not receive the paper. i asked my local newspaper vendor, but he is saying he doesn't know anything abt it.. i was calling the Time of India head office in Nandanam for the past one hour, it is engaged.... :(

its more of a tabloid than a newspaper.

ohh... I mainly subscribed to it coz it is a very oldest one in this industry... so u r reading TOI ? :D

i generally prefer indian express... but toi is coming to my place coz its cheap when bundled with economic times.

its more of a tabloid than a newspaper.

Tabloids have a different size, broadsheets like the TOI don't really enter into tabloid space (yet). Also maybe a more sad fact is tabloids sell well above broadsheets in the west. Something like the SUN of all has prolly the highest circulation in the UK. If Murdoch ever gets into this country, you will get to see what a tabloid really is !!!

I like the edit section for the TOI, the syndicated articles from abroad are also interesting. The only thing i can knock them on is lack of enough proof readers, sometimes the howlers to be found are quite embarassing.

I hear a lot about the Hindu, but its dense reading, like the ppl there badly need to take courses on more effective writing!

Read the NYT, washington post or the guardian to get an idea of what i mean, the style is very easy to read and you feel like you actually learnt something at the end of it. Hell even the UK's Times is an easier read.

The days when you impress the audience by contorting speech is passe.

Back