Trying to set Reliance Jio Fiber Gateway to Bridge mode got this message any one Have A Idea?

here is what I have tried so far.

• Disabled vlan membership for LAN4
  • Changed GPON VLAN ID to 1001(anything other than used 1510)
  • Enabled Bridge mode for LAN4 with VLAN 1510
outcome: Red light on ONT (as if GPON sync is failing) at least in case of BSNL Syncing worked properly and we would get a lock on GPON even in bridge mode.

Perhaps we need to clone the MAC of GPON WAN interface or Jio might be using 802.1x authentication

@f3rmion When you change the GPON vlan id, the ont will not fetch the wan details, so how do you think that bridge mode will work. There is a separate menu called "vlan configuration" and I assume that we can find the wan vlan id there, but that menu is hidden.

@f3rmion See, when you change the GPON vlan id, then the ont will restart. After that, ont will not fetch the wan details. So enabling bridge mode will be useless because the ont needs to already have wan details to pass it to own router.

outcome: Red light on ONT (as if GPON sync is failing)
We don't know what red light means. It could simply mean no internet connection, which will be the case in bridge mode as jio ONT will not have a WAN connection. The bridge mode may be failing but I guess red light doesn't mean anything here. Jio has probably configured green light for when internet is on or when ONT fetches WAN details.

@Gaurav15 Bro, read what i have wrote properly. We will get red light even before enabling bridge mode. You will get red light after you change GPON vlan id.

@Nitin did you check the GPON state in ONT after enabling bridge mode? I meant that we don't know what red light means, it could just mean that internet is not working and determined by router by pinging some IP, in that case it will still show red when bridge mode is working fine

Last edited:
I configured bridge mode on LAN 3. Changed GPON VLAN ID to random, and put the original value in Bridge mode VLAN. The GPON state on ONT was O5 (operation state, which is the same when router is working normally in route mode). Connecting windows PC to LAN 3 showed unidentified network with auto configured IP while connecting to any other LAN port shows the normal network with IP configured by ONT's DHCP (192.168.29.X)

@Gaurav15 So it was O5 after changing GPON vlan Id, putting the original value in bridge mode vlan id and enabling it?. Remember that you need to click on save in bridge mode. What was the operation state when the red light was blinking?. That auto configured ip must be loopback ip (127.x.x.x) which is assigned when the PC is not getting the wan ip. Also, you are getting local ip on other ports because, you have not disabled vlan membership on those ports, so dhcp will work as usual for them.

Last edited:

Back