[TUTORIAL] How to Put Excitel's provided PPC ONT in Bridge Mode.

• Thread starter Thread starter nishantt6969
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 8,755
For bridge mode working, we will need one router which allows mac address cloning.

STEP 1 : Go to WAN section of your PPC ONT and disable the admin status of INTERNET wan profile.
STEP 2 : Go to IPTV profile in wan section and scroll down and select LAN 2 in port binding.
STEP 3 : You need to to connect your router which allows mac address cloning wan port of router to LAN 2 of PPC ONT using ethernet cable.
STEP 4 : Go to excitel portal and copy MAC Address( remember to copy mac address and not ONU's mac address) and clone it on your own router which allows mac cloning.
STEP 5 : Choose authentication type PPPoE on your router and enter username and password you use to login to excitel web portal.

Hope you will attach images too. :)

I guess no, because the bridged device has to do OLT authentication.

i am stuck in a mess with this excitel broadband people.i had called excitel customer care few days ago to ask about how to get dumb onu from excitel ? To which they answered that they no longer issue new dumb onu's. If i'm lucky i could get a used one from LCO
Then i asked them If i could buy Syrotech or any Reputed XPON ONU from market and if they could whitelist it in thier systems ? To which they said YES WE WILL DEFINITELY HELP YOU AND RESET THE MAC SO THAT YOU CAN USE YOUR OWN ROUTER AND ONU DEVICE.
Now if am contacting them after i got the new Syrotech 1000R DONT Device along with a new WiFi router, After Multiple Transfer's and Long Hold's i have managed to get MAC reset done , But they REFUSE to reset ONU MAC ADDRESS & ONU SERIAL NUMBER.

Due to which even if my Syrotech ONU is getting registered with OLT , PPPOE is not getting authenticated.
Note : Internet Access Password is Perfectly Correct.

I had raised a No Connectivity Ticket and managed to get 2 Days Service Extension, But i am not getting an solution to fix the PPPOE Auth Issue.

Excitel's Backend Technical Executive says that its impossible to change to ANY OTHER DEVICE except Excitel Provided Devices.

My Dear IBF Members Kindly Post any Possible Solution to this Problem

I'm available on IBF tg group as well

My Tg Link If anyone wants to DM me : Spartan

Back