[TUTORIAL] How to Put Excitel's provided PPC ONT in Bridge Mode.

• Thread starter Thread starter nishantt6969
  • Start date Start date
  • Featured
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 8,755
For bridge mode working, we will need one router which allows mac address cloning.

STEP 1 : Go to WAN section of your PPC ONT and disable the admin status of INTERNET wan profile.
STEP 2 : Go to IPTV profile in wan section and scroll down and select LAN 2 in port binding.
STEP 3 : You need to to connect your router which allows mac address cloning wan port of router to LAN 2 of PPC ONT using ethernet cable.
STEP 4 : Go to excitel portal and copy MAC Address( remember to copy mac address and not ONU's mac address) and clone it on your own router which allows mac cloning.
STEP 5 : Choose authentication type PPPoE on your router and enter username and password you use to login to excitel web portal.

I am facing a similar issue, I am stuck with a GX router which is good for nothing. Need to use VLANs. how can i configure bridge mode? I have wasted a month of subscription with no usage.

By following the steps as suggested by nishantt6969. The net info shows connected on my Excitel router, but it is unable to fetch an ip address even after connecting to a cloned router. Please help.

This method didn't really work in Technxt tnt-323dac. I had to SSH into the router and disable tr069, then enable bridge mode. After that, using inspect element, I enabled bridge mode and bind the port to lan 1. Subsequently, the router started detecting the PPPoE method of authentication. However, when I cloned the WAN MAC address of the ONT to the router, I received a message denoting that the WAN was unplugged. This could be due to not having an option to disable the internet WAN profile. Therefore, I had to perform a MAC reset. After that, bridge mode successfully connected to the router.

I just got excitel and looks like they updated the router model with "PPC 2k15x" Which is void of all basic features. Can no longer enable bridge mode, nor change default IP / DHCP subnet range, no client list other than disabling WIFI on it literally cannot do anything.

Even their customer care team says they cannot enable bridge mode!

I wonder if I get a dumb ONT from elsewhere If I would be able to clone the mac address to connect.

i cant still bridge it tried using mac onu and mac address as mentioned on my excitel website but to no success.

I have the gx router bridge mode can be enabled by default on it but even after enabling that bridge mode just wont work.

Back