Ubuntu 10.04 aka The Lucid Lynx launched!

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 26,119
Enjoy?After every release my excitement with Ubuntu has decreased due to issues with my laptop. 9.04 was most stable for me. Later releases I had to struggle with WiFi setup. And same happened with 10.04. Now though WiFi is working, but it stops working sometime. I am not sure whether after next reboot my WiFi would be working :(Also screen flickering problem remains after nvidia driver update :(

I have the same issue with WIFI, although I have incorporated Ubuntu into my Business, from Designing various Stationary to Billing, all done on old PC ( More than 7 yrs old). It works great, and I dont have to worry about "STEALING" Software to run my Business. I wish they can fix the Wifi problem , I am not able to activate the WIFI on ubuntu on my laptop :(

Same here, I think the fresh install was faster but now its gotten slower, maybe I need to check my startup apps.

Booting of 10.04 is faster than previous 9.10 on my laptop. But a horrible loading time between GDM to Desktop. Nearly 30 Seconds :P

Problem solved with recent kernal update. Now it takes only 5 seconds loading time between gdm to desktop.

Back