Ubuntu 10.04 aka The Lucid Lynx launched!

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 26,119
ooh just realized that openoffice is indeed included in the package but gimp is not! omg.

This was in the Home/examples folder. Found it to be very interesting.
https://youtube.com/watch?v=f5qiHovcbds

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

True no Gimp. I reinstalled it. I use it often.

Hi!
In 2008, Canonical sent me free CD of Ubuntu-Hardy Heron, upon a request placed at https://shipit.ubuntu.com. Now, they have rejected my request for UBUNTU- 10-04 stating that they want to encourage new users for free-shipping UBUNTU CDs.
My access to internet is limited. If you have already a downloaded CD/DVD image of UBUNTU 10-04 and /or LUBUNTU 10-04, request you to send me a copy of it through post (CD mailer).
thanks,
MohanSai
+918143753356

well i hate it too. canonical is not allowing people to get the free CD ( :P ) if they have already received one in the past. the downloads are massive. you end up downloading more than a CD's worth of material in a couple of weeks if not days if you want to keep your ubuntu installation up to date. i can send you a CD. i understand your pain. PM your address :)

Installed 10.04, but same old problem of non-working WiFi like 9.04 & 9.10 continues :(Tried all past efforts, but yet no luck to get WiFi working. BTW I also noticed my screen flickering, did anybody observed it? (it was also posted on Ubuntuforum)

i have not faced wifi problems for a couple of versions now. i did notice that my LCD would not turn off (after the set time period). the display would disappear. but it would not exactly go in standby mode. so essentially i would not be saving any money on power bills with ubuntu.

I had WiFi problem for all past 3 Ubuntu versions. May be its only with Dell laptops with broadcom drivers, as everytime I search for it, I get queries asking for Dell laptops :) About flickering I mean, while laptop is ON, bottom part of screen flickers slightly.

Back