Ubuntu 10.04 aka The Lucid Lynx launched!

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 26,118
We really cannot depend on WINEIf it really works out in a way it is supposed to....Like Installing almost all the windows based software then we can really use ubuntu as primary OS....Hope sooner or later people move to linux....I really cant wait to download this Ubuntu although I will switch back to MINT 9.....Which also looking very promising...

Hey Guys! Just updated to ubuntu 10.04 yesterday night. anyway I am facing an issue on my Dell studio 1555 laptop, the wireless no/off multimedia button sometimes works sometimes doesnot work . How can I fix this problem?
Also this time around I decided to print a CD label and an origami paper cd case for 10.04 and wanted to share with you guys. Let me know what you think ?
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2139/ubuntu1004.jpg

I used CD DVD label and cover maker software to make the origami CD cover
and
I got the CD label from
Get Materials | spreadubuntu
the CD used was Sony CD-R and the paper used was a plain A4 sheet and a bit of Feviquick stick :P
Just wanted to share with everybody :)
Please help me out with my wireless button problem.
Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 06:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 PM ----------

Ok well I posted my problem here and ubuntu forum but no one replied to I am reinstalling through Wubi right now. Let's see if the problem persists.
BTW the wifi switch worked just fine all day yesterday. Its just today it started giving problems.

nice work on the label printing :D

Thanks Vishal! It was kinna boring you know, just the plain old cd-r . Thought I would do something special this time around. It was a little tough to cut the outline but was well worth the effort. It looks pretty good. Anywho, I reinstalled through WUBI and wifi button is working now. Wifi was detected out of the box . The question is how long will it be before I start facing the same problem.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 PM ----------

What programs are you guys using for Animated Effects? Can you guys post a screen shot if possible?

Just Right click on the panel>Properties>Background>Transparency

i know this procedure. but the app buttons and other stuff on the panels do not remain transparent :D

Back