Ubuntu 10.04 aka The Lucid Lynx launched!

• Thread starter Thread starter vishalrao
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 86
  • Views Views 26,118
My relative had the same problem with his Dell Inspiron 15 notebook , He searched for drivers @System>Administration>Hardware Drivers . It showed Broadcom Driver(It had a specific name,I can't remember the name) he installed that driver , now WiFi works correctly

Well I had problem with Dell Wifi on my first install, Wifi worked out of the box , even for the live session on the USB, but I think I might have installed something afterwords and my wifi on/off multimedia button on the keyboard stopped working. This issue was fixed when I reinstalled 10.04. PS- using Wubi.You can join Launchpad, and help ubuntu develop or just simple translate into your language and I think they will send you the CD on request , because you are helping them develop Ubuntu.

There seems to be a problem with Lucid Lynx with me... the system is very slow... especially when i am looking around the system options.. it takes a lot of time for screens to change... any one have a similar problem..

Thanks Admin & Sai, my WiFi problem has solved. Today again I tried to install Broadcom driver, and it installed another driver. After reboot, I was able to see WiFi signals and connect to the network.Now only occasional flickering problem remains...

Did anyone upgrade from Karmic Koala? Did anyone else who has a dual-boot situation experience the sudden loss of ability to boot in to Windows?

i installed it using wubi. no problems at my end. as for flickering... try to install the driver for your graphic card. if not already.

i installed it using wubi. no problems at my end. as for flickering... try to install the driver for your graphic card. if not already.

I installed it on a laptop with no network connection OR CD-drive, that doesn't boot from USB. Miraculously, it worked.

It really should be easier to install or upgrade from an ISO file, don't you think? Should just be able to
Code:
mount -t -o loop iso9660 /path/to/image.iso /cdrom
then run
Code:
sudo /cdrom/cdromupgrade
from the alternate CD or something like
Code:
sudo /cdrom/freshinstall
from the desktop CD.

But, stupid question. Does WUBI install it as a dual boot? I'd always been under the impression it installed in a virtual machine. If not, I've done the last 2 installs on that machine the hard way, and this will be a major "D'oh" moment for me!

Back