Ubuntu 10.10 and the Ubuntu Font Family

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 19,848
isn't chromium the shell browser for chrome?I read somewhere that google chrome was mode from the source code of chromium..chromium being open source... and chrome by google

here is the wubi from 10.10 iso. wubi.exe

wubi official site has the old version right now.
Getting pyrun.exe error with Wubi from Wubi site as well as for your Wubi_1 file :pleasehelp:
Need to see whats wrong :isorry:

that is very strange. i do not think i have python or anything installed on my system that might be missing on yours. in fact i installed it earlier today on wife's machine too. :| and that is a generic windows vista install!

---------- Post added at 03:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 AM ----------

as for chrome and chromium.

chromium is the open source project. chrome is based on it. google adds their own bit to chromium and offer it as chrome.

---------- Post added at 03:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

btw. chromium is available from the ubuntu software store out of the box. chrome you need to download manually.

I think I had the pyrun.exe error problem sometimes earlier too, though cant recall how it got solved. On same machine I had 10.04 which I uninstalled.And this is a big mistake by uninstalling 10.04 to install 10.10, rather I should have gone for upgrade from 10.04 to 10.10.

well... you have to uninstall any previous installation to make the new installation work! wubi cannot update ubuntu from windows environment. either you upgrade ubuntu from within the installation. or you uninstall it and install a fresh copy. that is what i did. uninstall the existing wubi installation from windows and installed a fresh one.

But within Ubuntu we can upgrade the version. I did it for upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10. There was no WUBI involved as I was inside Ubuntu OS, and did it through upgrades option. I think I could have similarly upgraded 10.04 to 10.10 (?).

right. it should work and it is the recommended way to upgrade. of course you cannot upgrade ubuntu from windows because it would install a fresh copy in every case. i do not upgrade from within ubuntu because... it has failed for me once before and that was very annoying. i have to wait for the software update thing to download everything. installing the updates too take a lot of time. installing through windows is mighty fast in comparison. i can download the iso in the background and install it before shutting down the machine! if you problem is not fixed... check if you still have it installed. remove it completely. the files, the folders and then try again.

The problem is still not solved. I guess there is some process running in background which is giving this error during installation. From variuos online forums I found that perhaps some external media present in PC may give pyrun.exe error, but I have dont have any such external media...May be need to do more research over the weekend :D

No reboot didnt help either. I tried closing all possible applications like Virtual CD drive, some other applications running in background (which though start again after reboot). But still getting same error again :(I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit edition on Dell Inspiron 1545, on which I am trying to install Ubuntu 10.10. I had successfully installed previous versions 9.04, 9.10 & 10.04.

Back