Ubuntu 10.10 and the Ubuntu Font Family

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 19,848
Why do most people in this forum prefer ubuntu then Linux Mint,...??Mint is much more stable then Ubuntu....!!

define stable?

Something that does not crash like ubuntu!!Something which also has pre installed codecs...something which is more exciting to use..Something where Bugs are sorted out quickly...

Waiting to upgrade to ubuntu 10.10 To busy to buy a CD to burn iso image !Excited to use it.I hope my Internet gets connected automatically this time via LAN

@Rock21 - if you have a relatively modern system which can boot off USB drive you should get a USB pen drive (minimum 1GB, preferable 4 or even 8GB) which you can use just for writing ISO images and booting/installing OSes off, to avoid wasting/writing CDs :)The reason why I say preferable 8GB is in case you some day want to download/install a large DVD image which is usually under 4GB but sometimes just crosses it.I have 3-4 small/cheap pen drives (and a couple of fast 16GB Corsair Voyager GTs) I use just for regularly writing ISOs and installing these OSes :D

@ Vishalrao : Would have definitely done that,but the problem is my external HDD suffered a fatal error recently due to which I backed up my important data on my 8 GB pen drive.Its completely occupied and my internal hard disk is also running out of space, so will have to use a CD only for the upgrade !

Another option is to get a 5-pack of CDRWs so you can reuse them - that's what I did until finally moving to USB :)

Why do most people in this forum prefer ubuntu then Linux Mint,...??

Mint is much more stable then Ubuntu....!!

I used Linux Mint for complete migration purpose from Windows to Linux. After learning Linux basics, I shifted to Ubuntu. In my opinion Linux Mint is more user friendlier than ubuntu for a first time linux user. No comments on Stability.

I havn't used Mint but I do think the Kubuntu or xubuntu are a little easier to setup than ubuntu... I had to spend a week to get my graphic card driver to work on ubuntu and on kubuntu everything worked on its own :)

Back