Ubuntu 10.10 and the Ubuntu Font Family

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 65
  • Views Views 19,848
I had installed Broadcom's driver from Synaptic manager, after which I got Wireless option enabled and working. Now the only problem is the speed is very slow on Wireless.

try IW software .... try it ... self test it ... if you have any problems it will tel you

make sure that your router is not close to any oven or any other microwave objects .... just check it

try to change dns servers

try IW software .... try it ... self test it ... if you have any problems it will tel you

make sure that your router is not close to any oven or any other microwave objects .... just check it

try to change dns servers
Ok, I installed IW from Synaptic Manager. But what after that? How does IW help in Wireless Internet configuration. I didn't got any option to use IW in any menu option or under Addition Drivers.
(BTW sorry as I dont have knowledge in field of Linux, and I am using Ubuntu only for sake of learning & extra knowledge)

About router, it is placed near Cordless phone base, but would that affect, as it works fine with Windows for WiFi. And again these router is shared by my other friends who would not want me to experiment and loose their connectivity with Internet, so I cant change/modify any settings in router (which works fine with Windows) :D

Ok, I installed IW from Synaptic Manager. But what after that? How does IW help in Wireless Internet configuration. I didn't got any option to use IW in any menu option or under Addition Drivers.
(BTW sorry as I dont have knowledge in field of Linux, and I am using Ubuntu only for sake of learning & extra knowledge)

About router, it is placed near Cordless phone base, but would that affect, as it works fine with Windows for WiFi. And again these router is shared by my other friends who would not want me to experiment and loose their connectivity with Internet, so I cant change/modify any settings in router (which works fine with Windows) :D

what did u ment by less speed ? if u are watching at speedtest . then forget it ...

if not

try to ping the router open terminal "ping 10.0.0.1" my router ip is 10.0.0.1 .. propabally you might using 192.168.1.1

if you have any packet loss we will think of it

just check if for 5-10 min

its cool....downloading was a pain in the ass though...i heard they stopped the free cd service...is it true?

well the service i think is still on but you cannot order it if you have ordered one before. that's what i got when i last tried.

@ SVKI will try to post some screenshot of my connection speed (both wifi and ethernet). Due to my plan (ULF Combo 900) limitation, my speed is now only 256 Kbps (after 8 GB usage).

Thanks Nuxer. It would be good to know behaviour by some more users on Wireless & Wired broadband connection.

what did u ment by less speed ? if u are watching at speedtest . then forget it ...

if not

try to ping the router open terminal "ping 10.0.0.1" my router ip is 10.0.0.1 .. propabally you might using 192.168.1.1

if you have any packet loss we will think of it

just check if for 5-10 min
I cannot test anymore as I have left that place/city/country :)

Ubuntu Font available through Google Font Directory!

this is great. :D

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

official statement: Canonical and the Ubuntu project say Happy Holidays with the Ubuntu Font Family released for the web

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

trying it out here on the forum. this text should be in the ubuntu font :)

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 AM ----------

that means native support for the ₹ symbol!

cant see any difference, coz i was already using it as default browser font :P

haha. ok. i am not sure if using ubuntu for post content is a good idea. because it is not as easy to read as lets say verdana?

Back