Ubuntu is apparently losing its mojo

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 31
  • Views Views 6,185
I agree on that point. Microsoft has absolutely no dominance in mobile devices market and may hurt them in another 5 years. But PCs do most of the work. Even those who have a tablet will certainly own a PC to meet his regular needs. PC are going to sell at the same rate (if not for growth) for a few more years as a tablet can just meet basic computing needs. But the rates in US doesn't reflect the market. Honestly, how many can afford an Apple product ?

Linux mint works out of the box and hence suitable for any newbie to linux. I find both ubuntu and mint to be boring now, but quite lazy to adapt to debian which is meant for intermediate users :PIf the only thing that you do is browse the internet, probably you shouldn't be using a heavy ubuntu. You should be using puppy linux!

Force a netbook UI on everyone : only those on a netbook will use your OSsimple as that

Force a netbook UI on everyone : only those on a netbook will use your OS

simple as that

Sorry, but what is a netbook UI ? I mean I have a netbook with Windows XP and it is just XP.

Sorry, but what is a netbook UI ? I mean I have a netbook with Windows XP and it is just XP.

XP stays as XP

Unity is the new default Ubuntu UI

Its more suited for a netbook than for a full fleged PC

Well Mint is newbie friendly as well. I m using it as well. Its lot faster than Windoze, and more so, its free, unlike Win, where u either go for pirated, or Buy. Buying is just too costly, especially considering the package they give.At few of the clients' orgs, i had seen that they had installed FULLY PAID Win 7 on some machines as test, and the employees who were working on it, werent happy with it. It had too many nagging glitches. At my current workplace too......they have XP. Its slow as hell. Doesnt start up quickly & neither does it shut down quickly.To add to it, v have to compulsorily use IE 7 for internet! :( Anything thats microsoft is painstakingly slow, thats what i have experienced.

If you have a nicely organized working environment.Then you won't face any problem even on Windows Computers.Provided that its a well organized and maintained workplace.

Back