Ubuntu losing its popularity?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 7,212
in fact unity is a better one. it'll take time for the people to get adopted to such an interface which is often found in portable devices. and i think, in future most of the operating systems would spot such an interface for the users.but as far as a beginner is concerned the unity desktop provides a bit confusing environment, as you cannot find anything that easily as in earlier versions of ubuntu. for the users who are not comfortable with the unity, ubuntu provides an option for changing it to the classic GNOME. and i think, the unity interface wont affect the popularity of ubuntu.

I was told that in Ubuntu we cannot simply double click the set up to install the software. Is it true ?

Of course not. If you have a deb file you can install it directly.@topic installed 11.04 yesterday and am liking it till now.

When are they going to add multitouch functionality?They are really smart, they added a good for nothing lame looking feature less, rat shit bar.But, they just cannot add the most basic thing that an OS should have.

does any linux distro have multi touch? Could be a driver issue.

Features/SynapticsUpdate - FedoraProject

I am really not a touchpad fan! I really am very uncomfortable with touchpad. So I use very simple features. Just one finger to move/scroll and thumb to click.

Back