Unlock Dasan H660GM-A / use WAN1 without superuser

• Thread starter Thread starter darknite
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,378
ISP
Airtel
Hi, please read the whole message carefully.

In June, I got an Airtel Xstream fiber connection (Postpaid ₹699 Airtel Black plan) with a 'Dasan H660GM-A' ONT running firmware V3.2.2120040. During installation, I had to wait nearly 4 hours for internet because of some issue in fiber line and fortunately the router was not locked. During this time, I followed this unlocking guide and obtained the superuser password (Dz$!A!r7).

Days later, I applied for a static IP. Two technicians visited and next day a static IP was active on WAN1. I think Airtel remotely configured my router because the superuser login (Dz$!A!r7) stopped working afterward. Despite raising multiple service requests, the local technicians couldn’t set up the IP, so I had to cancel the order, but WAN1 remains active. Although my firmware version hasn’t changed, I can't see the superuser password in the logs—Airtel must have done something.

Currently, both WAN0 (PPPoE) and WAN1 (static) are active, but the 'Internet service' option for WAN1 isn't checked, so only the dynamic IP works. Is there a way to use the static IP without the superuser login? I've tried resetting the router with the fiber disconnected, but it didn't help; it stays in Airtel's configuration and the default superuser password doesn't work. Can I manually hard reset it to factory settings? I've read some routers can be unlocked using USB drives with command scripts. Is there a way to use WAN1?

edit: I've disconnected the fiber & pressed the reset button for 30sec, all lights blinked and it was reset but back into airtel configuration and not regular/Dasan mode.

Additionally, I have an unused Jio JCOW414 ONT. Can I unlock it, modify its MAC and S/N to emulate the Dasan router, and use the static IP?

You can try emailing [email protected] and see if they can fix this, they always seemed more responsive. I don't think the Jio device is a possibility, it's already locked down.

You could always purchase a new basic ONT (~Rs 1000-1200), and use it with Airtel however you like.

Hello @MrGordon
I fail to understand what did you mean to 'fix'. Since I got the IP details & it's already active on my router without payment, I want to unlock and use it without airtel's knowledge.

Contacting support is likely to remove the free IP 😂 which I don't want to happen.

Just because the IP address is shown there, how do you know it works? From what you described, the WAN is not enabled, so you have not verified that it works right?

If the static IP address is disabled in the backend, then you wouldn't be able to use it even if you somehow get WAN1 enabled. The backend VLAN for static IP address usage and non-static IP address usage is different.

Last edited:
That is for VOIP @darknite not for internet. This is the standard configuration with Airtel. The PPPoE WAN profile is for internet and a static WAN profile for VOIP. The static IP address WAN profile will mostly be with a 10.x.x.x IP address. However, can't confirm as the pertinent details are masked.

Even if its indeed the public static IP address, it seems mis configured as its assigned to VOICE so won't be able to use it for internet.

Please check if you have WAN1 activated for voice only @MrGordon

I don't think its for voice because I have a separate voice ip 10.xxx.xxx.xxx, this is an extra digit long 100.xxx.xxx.xxx and VOICE might be ticked just by default. This WAN1 was active only after applying for static Ip. I need to find a way to use internet service from WAN1 instead of WAN0.

100.x.x.x.x is not a public static IP address, its CGNAT IP space. So it looks like a complete misconfiguration in your case if its showing a 100.x.x.x IP address as static on a separate WAN profile.

Back