Unlocking Dasan H660GM-A

1) login to 192.168.1.1 with admin : admin

2) go to maintenance> logs > system logs

3) search for "passwd" on that page

you will most probably get 3 results among them 1 is for default "admin" access, 1 is for a higher level access "superuser", and the other one is for telnet access
(both the username and password will be mentioned there)

4) login with the superuser account and go to maintenance > utilities > acl and enable telnet access for lan and save it

5) open telnet on 192.168.1.1 and then use the password as mentioned earlier in step 3 to login

6) type "bootcfg customer DASAN" and then do a factory reset to unlock the ont

(Note: after unlocking the WebUI credentials will change to admin : vertex25 and this will give you full access to all the settings and the telnet credentials will change to admin : 1234)

imo Dasan has much more advanced features compared to zte(which I used before this) such as separate DNS even for pppoe, beamforming and mu mimo support, inbuilt mesh and more

Last edited:
@shivammangla No airtel is nowhere as shit as Jio. you should understand that airtel gives away these ONTs almost free of cots and FYI each costs at least upwards of 1800. Why they are locked? coz many users at the end of their subscriptions do not return these devices and other ISPs can use these high ends ONTs to provide their services at super cheap prices as(i am a failed ISP) the most expnesive thing in the network if you look at the scale of it is the ONT(1800+ for each customer). Airtel is pretty good and is the best ISP in india(now due to failure of my ISP company we are offering consutancy so i know whats up.)

@asadsayyad123 I think you haven't understood my point. Not allowing to change dns and disabling bridge mode is what I want to focus on. Enabling these two features won't make their ont's usable for other ISPs. Their ONTs have shit wifi range and we can't even use mesh technology without bridge mode..it's 2024 we are living in and what's the use of high speed internet with wifi 6 mobiles if we can't even use it.

can anyone help with the new password for root access/superuser ?

username: superuser and password: Dz$!A!r7 is not working for the below version now
Software Version V3.2.2120038

I want to gain wifi mesh access. Please help. Superuser and telnet not working anymore.

I connected TP-Link AX10 as satellite device but can't access internet. Device is showing in current device list. I have assigned it IP address in DHCP reservation. But still no internet access. I don't want to use ethernet cable.
EDIT: I called customer service they said since this is not our device we can't help you. They want me to buy their mesh.
@samiryadav posted an image with a wifi mesh option. Is it possible to to give internet access from there?
Old superuser password don't work anymore.
Please someone help @SpeedxThunder.

Last edited:
@muthumoon2957 Well exactly, G7 has compatibility issues with Nokia OLT (ALU), it fails to detect any VLAN(s) that are configured at the OLT. Also, G7 does not offer a built-in VLAN scanner. On the other hand G3 shows exceptional compatibility with almost all OLT(s). It also has a built-in VLAN scanner.

We all know that Airtel uses VLAN 100 for internet. In my case, the VLAN scanner on G3 detected VLAN ID on 2097 and it worked. When I switched from dynamic connection to Static IP connection G3 VLAN scanner detected that my VLAN changed to 2243.

My friend who lives 10kms away, has ZTEG OLT. On his connection G7 works flawlessly. Hence, If your connection is on ZTEG OLT, then you can consider buying G7.

To answer your question in a simple straight forward manner, I guess, G3 has a different chipset compared to G7. It could be a reason for this compatibility issue.

PS. On the G7 I tired putting VLAN 2097 but it wasn't able to detect ppp or authenticate to it. When I switched to Static IP connection I tried VLAN 2243 on G7 and it cannot get pass O1 status. It fails to configure with respect to the OLT.

Has anyone been successful in retrieving the default or superuser credentials post new firmware?

Back