Upgrade from Tata Sky to Tata Sky Plus offer (50 percent discounts!)

• Thread starter Thread starter ~Hami~
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 56
  • Views Views 12,140
Status
Not open for further replies.
they are certainly trying hard to lure more Tata Sky users to switch to tatasky plus which i think is a bad investment from every angle.

Strongly disagree

heh. you think paying 10K for a DVR is a good investment?

----------

what capacity does it offer? 160GB? or more?

----------

Well, At this point of time, 10K is really not worth to buy PVR and also they dont provide transfer of recorded files to computer. But eventually as every DTH oprtrs come up with DVR, the price should reduce. Transfer of recorded files should also be possible. I guess TS wants to be first dth is roping as many customers but the numbers are very less now.

Its my opinion...........still now i am not regretting my purchase of my TS+ which includes my investment too.........When there is competition the prices will decrease...........Dish TV, Big TV are just telling that they are coming up PVR very soon, very soon..........but till date there is no symptom of their launch with respect to PVR..........if they launch i am sure TS+ price will come down sure............but the main concern is that when will that competition arise...........its been almost 1 year now none of the other DTH people have come up with their PVR services.......

----------

1. There is no other convenient solution for time shift, and de-sync viewing. I can watch any program of my choice at my convenience.
2. As you know, first introduction costs more; but benefits outweigh costs.
3. I (my company) paid Rs. 1 lakh plus for a PC-XT with 20MB hard disc and 640K memory. But it was a necessity. So is Tata Sky DTH+, now for me.

160GB with 45 hours of recording. In addition it has a buffer for recording the channel watched to enable live pause.

I just get a feeling that Tata Sky DTH+ is able to store more than 45 hrs of recording......as in my harddisk at one point of time i have stored 20 english movies and i could see 20% of hard disk space is still free in which believe i could have recorded another 4 - 5 english movies........

Yes the pricing for annual and mega pack subscribers is the same as before.the only difference being that now monthly subs get a discount too.BIG DEAL!besides, HD might just be arriving and it would be a waste of money to go for this even if HD takes a year more to arrive.

it is still a bad investment considering you can never tell what tata has planned for the future.

the fact remains, they cannot switch to mpeg4 until and unless they replace each and every Tata Sky dth out there.

they are certainly trying hard to lure more tatasky users to switch to tatasky plus which i think is a bad investment from every angle.

I strongly agree.

----------

100% good investment because of its advance functions, this box gives you more control over your tv. if someone has no budget then should not jump for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back