UPI News & Updates

Depends on what your definition of lobbying is. There's nothing illegal in stakeholders putting forward demands/requests to government.

i wonder what happened to bharatqr. they have launched two new platforms since its announcement... pay with upi and now bhim aadhaar. it is getting hard to keep up with these technologies which are essentially the fucked up versions of same technologies.

i mean how hard is it to work with banks, wallets, and credit card providers to configure pos machines to show qr codes which work with all of the apps.

last time I checked, lobbying isn't legal in india. Or have we already copied american system?

In India nothing is illegal if you have good influence. Even if u get caught - high chances of escaping.

Radia tapes.

yup. for someone like me who has a credit card, there is little sense using a digital wallet because it's prepaid. with credit card, i get a short term loan and loyalty points. now i am not very good at managing my loyalty points but i still manage to end up with a 1000 rupee Amazon gift card every six months or something. but then this is still cashless payment so there's that.

for people who do not have a credit card or do not like using it, all other modes are one and the same thing. if you have undisclosed income, you would prefer to use cash in any case. even if you don't, you would prefer to use the most convenient mode. Paytm if you maintain a balance in that. cash if you don't. it's idiotic to expect people to use wallets where you have to manually manage funds. upi solves this issue but is still not used as much as paytm or other wallets (depending upon where you are).

if a store offers both upi and credit card, i might be tempted to pay using upi just for fun sake. but fact remains, i get more value for my money if i pay using credit card. this is assuming the shopkeeper is not charging me 2.5% for the transaction like some stores still do.

Source

mobile internet is banned in J&K but they can use bhim!

wait really? Im yet to see a bhim QR code option at the stores I frequently visit. Even big ass super markets\

I thought it was meant to replace neft/rtgs

unified payments interface... how can it even replace neft/rtgs with limits like 10K per transaction and 20K per day on the largest bank of India (SBI).

Back