UPI News & Updates

Just realized that Freecharge and Axis Bank have a tie-up. When I tried to make a payment via Freecharge mobile app, they had UPI - as an option and clicking it opened AxisPay which is already installed and an attempt was made to link the VPA I had created there (It failed for some reason).. AxisPay itself is not opening separately - so seems some issue at their end.. Will post updates if any..

PNB UPI app is not hosted by their official android developer ID - "PNB"

But its by some developer named "FSS"

Now shud I trust or not trust?

FSS removed PNB bank's UPI app from their android account

Can not locate it anymore

PNB UPI is back in play store and now officially under PNB's own app store.

And the app is still same with same app id "com.fss.pnbpsp"

Trying out UPI payments and it's not working at all. PhonePe is showing error at the time of sending. UPI sent the money but Pocket did not get it. Fun stuff.

you sent your money to yourself ?....maybe seized by Income Tax dept for attempting money laundering :p

tested between friends. all my failures were connected to the phone being connected to wifi. as soon as i switched to 4g, all worked fine.

and lol. i am pretty sure it is legal to transfer funds between your own accounts.

Just realized that Freecharge and Axis Bank have a tie-up. When I tried to make a payment via Freecharge mobile app, they had UPI - as an option and clicking it opened AxisPay which is already installed and an attempt was made to link the VPA I had created there (It failed for some reason).. AxisPay itself is not opening separately - so seems some issue at their end.. Will post updates if any..

There may not be any tie-up. NPCI has specifically considered such scenarios and have a defined way to handle them and therefore if you are still facing problems with the app you can try another UPI application.

Example 1:Seamless in-app payment within the same mobile of the user.
 Ashok is a student and uses a video application (MyStar) that allows buying on-demand movie on his Android phone.
 He banks with DiBank (PSP in this case)and uses their mobile application for Android that has implemented UPI features.
 In MyStar app, Ashok wants to watch a movie for Re.25.
 MyStar application creates the UPI payment link as per this spec and launches the Android intent with all necessary parameters populated in the URL.
 Since DiBank PSP app is registered to listen to UPI link/intent, it starts the app and takes Ashok straight to pay screen with all values pre-populated from the link/intent.
 Ashok verifies the info on screen and click pay to complete the payment
Source

Back