UPI News & Updates

they appear to want you to keep your money in your bank account itself.

Source

what remains to be seen is how payments through upi would work on online services that are not part of the app.

and i do see a lot of utility services including bsnl landline?

QbrNJiV.png

hahaha...nice reply...maybe RBI permit to maintain wallet balance must be pending :D

how payments through upi would work on online services that are not part of the app

I guess when integrated into the payment process it will send a request to your virtual address (which you would have entered in your profile on the merchant site or before clicking on the pay button....then next the request will appear in your mobile app and you pay by entering your mpin to complete the transaction.

exactly...that confirms you cannot maintain wallet balance by funding it yourself.....that requires RBI permit

actually they are not allowed to retain any balance...even if sent by others or from refunds etc....it will have to be withdrawn to bank account

Has ICICI launched their yet? I guess they wanted to include UPI in their iMobile app itself...

Yeah, got a message too:

>Dear Customer, now sending money through UPI is as easy as sending an e-mail. Create your ID in iMobile now. Example name@icici. Visit ICICIBank.com/UPI . T&C.

Back