UPI News & Updates

@amish - check pnb, united and vijaya bank app screenshots the ui is exactly the same. All probably developed by same company. Either fss or someone else developed and pnb took fss help in submission etc

When I used USSD *99#

It gave me error saying that account not registered contact ur bank to activate XYZ thing (something like that)

And it also deducted 2-3Rs from my balance!

So it means banks "dont pay" for USSD service but subscriber does.

@mhsabir - thanks for your responses!

I think UPI will not flop as it makes everything similar to E-mail address.

Plus it does not cost banks much (infact earns them money per transaction)

Only thing I predict is money going to wrong account due to spelling mistake in ID

I also predict UPI based frauds coming up soon!

@amish - check pnb, united and vijaya bank app screenshots the ui is exactly the same. All probably developed by same company. Either fss or someone else developed and pnb took fss help in submission etc

It is developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The app is basically same for all banks and it is interoperable allowing you to add other bank accounts. But I think you need to register first with any one of the banks you have an account and then add other bank accounts.

This makes making payments easier and faster because you don't have to remember all the details of your bank accounts and the recipients bank accounts, and such information need not be shared so it will not be transmitted either.

NPCI developed the app for all banks? I dont think so.. Federal, YesBank, Axis all have different UI..

The process flow is different in the 3 apps I tried.. NPCI just provided the specification of how/what info would need to be send to them for doing the actual money transaction. The UI is all the respective banks.

Back