USB internet connection in Kolkata

• Thread starter Thread starter choudhuri
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 5,877

choudhuri

ISP
orange
hello,i am travelling to kolkata and i would like to take some temporary internet connection for about a month. probably buying a usb modem is the best idea. can anyone suggest me anything ? my objective would be to daily connect to remote servers for working. i was looking at some of the plans (like reliance, tata) : they mention schemes which depends on amount of downloading done - how is this measured ? if i am connected to remote server or do file transfer or browse emails - do all these count for measuring the amount of download ? since i have an adsl connection at my present location (which gives me unlimited access), i am not quite familiar with these plans. so, any help in this regard would be most welcome. thank you.

Hi there,BSNL EVDO / TATA Indicom Photon / Reliiance Netconnect is what you need.BSNL EVDO will give you speed around 1 Mbps for about 600 INR (Modem outright purchase + raxes per month) per month. If you need unlimited, go for BSNL EVDO. If you need a more reliable connection and you're OK with limited plans, go for TATA Indicom.Reliance has got pretty bad reviews AFAIK. The choice is yours! Go through the TATA Indicom and BSNL EVDO sites to get more information. If I were in your place, I would most probably go for TATA Indicom Photon USB. :)

Back