Using Airtel Wifi with iPod Touch

• Thread starter Thread starter Sammy003
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 6,905

Sammy003

ISP
Airtel
I need to know if an ipod touch can run wifi on airtel's wifi services.
Some posts i read say it may be a pain to use their router.

i don't actually know the abc of wifi.
what do i need, etc.
My basic queries are:
1. What equipments are required for wifi?
2. Their cost?
3. Cost of the same equipments provided by airtel?
4. Which one do i get?

Please note that i want to use this wifi for ipod Touch only.

if airtel's equipments work maybe ill choose it.

Suggestions please.

what do you mean airtel wi-fi services? airtel has public wi-fi hotspots?Apple ipod touch is as easy to use on home networks using airtel broadband and wi-fi routers as it can be. ipod touch finds a wireless connection. it tries to connect. prompts you for the password. you put in the password. it connects. and you are online.

what hardware do you have right now? if you have a broadband connection with a regular router... you can either get your own wifi router (1500-2500) or get one from airtel (1000-1500)... and you can then start using ipod touch as an internet device.

mmm wireless router i mean. ipod touch already has wifi support.

no yaar i meant like wen i got broadband connection it reqd lan cardwill wifi require something extra?and can u confirm if it will work on ipod touch?

when you get a broadband connection... the airtel line would connect to a wireless router. the desktop needs a lan card or a wireless lan card. an ipod touch already has the hardware to connect to wireless networks... the card is required on desktops. laptops usually support wi-fi networks so you do not need a card for most of them. similar is the case with ipod touch. it has the hardware support already.

thx a lot broi will also be using the same wifi for my desktop comp so i'll have to get wireless lan card too, right?how much will it cost?

well yeah. desktops do not generally have wifi cards. these are slightly more expensive than regular LAN cards. you might be able to buy one for around 1000-1500 rupees.

Back