Using bsnl broadband without splitter

ISP
bsnl broadband
My internet has stopped working when with splitter.Its working fine without it by directly joining the line wire to the modem.When with splitter,dsl dont even blink,its totally off.Without splitter its fine.For now,using it without splitter has any disadvantage other than landline being dead?

No, only that you cannot use land line. If you try to add a land line socket without splitter, you may get frequent disconnections. But it is advisable to have a splitter. Costs around Rs. 50 in local shop or get one from BSNL.

Not even 1 month of this internet and i already hav faulty splitter.I had thousands disconnections even with the splitter.If without splitter it dont hav bad effect then i can use it like this for a few days.Have called lineman and others to help but u all know,they say they will b coming tomorrow but tomorrow never comes.

Ok :)

It seems you were using a faulty splitter for a few days without realising it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not even 1 month of this internet and i already hav faulty splitter.I had thousands
disconnections even with the splitter.If without splitter it dont hav bad effect then
i can use it like this for a few days.Have called lineman and others to help but u all
know,they say they will b coming tomorrow but tomorrow never comes.
Recent report on Beetel 110TCI modem.
without any splitter
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5658/adsl2wo.jpg
with adsl splitter
http://i56.tinypic.com/swu8e8.png
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/219/adsl2.png/
Check users. SNR values higher AttN values lower. IDEAL.

This is my status without the splitter:
[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, colspan: 2"]Mode:[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]ADSL2+ [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, colspan: 2"]Line Coding:[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]Trellis On [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, colspan: 2"]Status:[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]No Defect [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0, colspan: 2"]Link Power State:[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]L0 [/TD] [TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF, colspan: 3"] [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"] [/TD][TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Downstream[/TD][TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Upstream[/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]SNR Margin (dB):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]29.1 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]6.4 [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Attenuation (dB):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]8.5 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]6.3 [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Output Power (dBm):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]12.1 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]0.0 [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Attainable Rate (Kbps):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]19620 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]1012 [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Rate (Kbps):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]2044 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]786 [/TD]
So how is it?

seems Ok. Appears youare very near the exchange. Even with an adsl splitter a similar data possible. Whether you use an adsl splitter or not modem Rj11 goes Direct from BSNL Port to modem.The splitter stops data signal entering the phone line.Since, you don't seem to need the phone , present arrangement can continue.Connect a phone direct to some other Phone socket if available. Any degradation ? feedback.

Exchange is opposite of my house :P XDThe line man came and he did something on the pole and this is now what i have:
[TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]SNR Margin (dB):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]32.2 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]11.2 [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Attenuation (dB):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]7.5 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]5.2 [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Output Power (dBm):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]10.3 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]0.0 [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Attainable Rate (Kbps):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]28148 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]1152 [/TD] [TD="class: hd, bgcolor: #E0E0E0"]Rate (Kbps):[/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]2044 [/TD][TD="bgcolor: #FFFFFF"]1020 [/TD]
Its still not working with the splitter,without it,its working and now its not even disconnecting.So i think the disconnection was from some problem in the wire on pole.Now just the splitter problem is left to solve.I dont hav any other telephone port :/

Exchange is opposite of my house :P XD

The line man came and he did something on the pole and this is now what i have:

Its still not working with the splitter,without it,its working and now its not
even disconnecting.So i think the disconnection was from some problem
in the wire on pole.
Now just the splitter problem is left to solve
.I dont have any other telephone port :/

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/11ehzyA0MIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
for using Phone also.
cost will be same as ADSL splitter.
UT-300R2U ADSL MODEM CONNECTION

Line man was very good.His tomorrow meant tomorrow,others r just lazy XDhe came and fixed the wires from pole and the wire at house which was at fault was the one going from modem to the splitter.Splitter is fine :DThanks for your help and i want to know how u got to knew that i am close to exchange?

Back