Using universal remote with Tatasky STB

• Thread starter Thread starter venkig77
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 29,181

venkig77

ISP
BSNL
Hi, I have got Philips universal remote from US. To setup the devices with the remote, the 4 digit code for the device is required. In the manual that I got with the remote most of the companies devices are listed(like samsung, LG, Philips etc). Using the device codes listed in manual I am able to configure my TV, DVD player but not able to configure Tata Sky. When I called up customer care as usual I didnot get any reply. Can anybody help me with the 4 digit code of tata sky setup box? I need to use the the 4 digit code to configure the STB with the universal remote. thanks,-venkatesh

hiHave you found an solution...I was planning to buy one

Hi,

Can anybody help me with the 4 digit code of Tata Sky setup box? I need to use the the 4 digit code to configure the STB with the universal remote.

I have Sony universal Remote and I too could not find the code. Then I did trail and error method (Enter a code, check if it works by pressing on)by entering codes sequentially and after 15 mins, it worked.

After I upgraded to TS+, record, pause and other functions are not working.:S

What is the model number of your Universal remote? Or does it have a learning function? If so, you can teach it by using the Tata Sky remote. Try it, its fun and you can teach almost all the keys.

I have Sony universal Remote and I too could not find the code. Then I did trail and error method (Enter a code, check if it works by pressing on)by entering codes sequentially and after 15 mins, it worked.

:S

Hey Venkat,

I too have a Sony Universal Remote and I am trying to get it to work with Tata Sky STB. can you please post the code that worked for you on Sony Remote for operating Tata Sky STB.

Thanks

Hey Venkat,

I too have a Sony Universal Remote and I am trying to get it to work with Tata Sky STB. can you please post the code that worked for you on Sony Remote for operating Tata Sky STB.

Thanks
I think I have written the code somewhere. Will try to find it and let you know.

please can someone provide the details of universal remote (which works properlly with TS+ :happy:) so that i dont buy somthing which creats some problem...

please can someone provide the details of universal remote (which works properlly with TS+ :happy:) so that i dont buy somthing which creats some problem...

I have got a universal remote with my Yamaha AV receiver. It works for my Sony tv and Sony DVD but sadly no compatibility with TS or TS+...I have tried using the codes provided for Humax, Thomson, DirectV, bSKYb but to no avail...anyone having any clues on this please let me know too :(

Back